Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Using the accessories plug for the microphone input on 6400

Options
If I use the accessories plug for the microphone input, does it bypass the preamp, EQ, etc...

Best Answers

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    Answer ✓
    Options

The Accessory connector does not have a microphone-level input. From the 6400/6600 Hardware Reference manual:

"7.6.1 Pin 1: Line In

This audio line input can be used to feed consumer level (-10dBV) audio into the transmitter. Refer to the SmartSDR documentation for information describing how to enable this input, and what configurations are available."

I believe that high-level inputs do not allow use of EQ, and certainly would bypass the mic preamp. I hope this is the information you were seeking...

73, Craig KØCF

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

1) The output of a mixer. -- But it would be better to use the 1/4" BAL input on a 6600/6500/6700 or the 1/8" TRS "Pseudo-Balanced" input with a mixer, rather than the unbalanced AUX line-in port, in order to take advantage of the noise resistance of the balanced lines.

2) Some external modems can provide a consumer level audio output.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

Any audio equipment that has a line out with a -10dbV maximum signal.

You'll have to check the specifications for any mixer you might wish to use. It will specify it in their documentation.

Answers

• N2YKX
    N2YKX Member
    Options
    OK, thanks for the response. Any guess as to what "consumer level" equipment Flex is expecting to input in pin 1 of the accessories plug?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

-10dBV

• N2YKX
    N2YKX Member
    Options
    Mike VA3MW - Can you give me an example of what "consumer level" equipment might be? If it's not a microphone, just curious'
  • N2YKX
    N2YKX Member
    Options
    Thanks Ken, that answered it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.