Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

4O3A Tuner Genius 1.2.11 and Antenna Genius 4.1.7 Drop

Options

Antenna Genius 4.1.7 is now available along with Tuner Genius 1.2.11 on the 4O3A website. I've been using it for the past few hours, and it looks like they have fixed all of the issue that I had encountered with the previous versions.

Comments

• Mark Smith - KB5KYX
    Options

I still have a time out issue when I transmit for more than ~20 seconds with my all Genius station setup. It seems the tuner genius is locking out my transmission while transmitting during longer qso's. Anyone else have this issue?

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mark, what is your TX Delay set for? I have to set mine for 40ms and I think what 4O3A recommends is 30ms.

Happy Holidays

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Mark,

cold boot everything. Remove power for two minutes. Then power up, AG, TG XL, PG, then radio. See if you still have issues.

If you have issues still, downgrade TG XL and AG following the document linked to in the Dream Station configuration document. This will get you by until you can open a support ticket and receive help next week. If the link below does not work, go to the Flex website and click on HelpDesk on top. Scroll down to the Dream Station configuration link.

73 Dave wo2x

• KH6XX
    KH6XX Member ✭✭
    Options

I had the same problem after upgrading the AGs, PGXL and the TGXL. Dave's solution resolved the issue.

Thanks Dave.

Randy

• KH6XX
    KH6XX Member ✭✭
    Options

Meant to say upgrading the AGs and TGXL. Cold boot and disconnected the power on all three to resolve the problem.

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Glad it worked. I’ll work with Ken Wells on incorporating the reboot steps into the next Dream Station configuration document which will be based on AG v4 and TG 1.2.x

73 & Merry Christmas to **** who celebrate! Have a happy and healthy New Year also

Dave wo2x

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    Options

What is the advantage to switch to the new version? On Transmit (Same band 2 different antennas) does the AG still lockout the Second antenna RCV (Disable Band Protection still available?)? I recall discussing that this can not be disabled anymore.

Volker

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Volker,

I had the same problem and contacted Marko at 4O3A about it in late November. He re-added the ability to override the "same band protection" and let me test the new version and it worked perfectly. I haven't tried this new version yet (my beta is working fine) but I'd be very surprised if he removed the override as he clearly understood the need for it.

Russ KR6W

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Russ, that is good news, I´ll upgrade then.

73 Volker

• Steven Lott Smith
    Options

Has anyone seen this.........

I have two antennas available on select bands

IOW On 40m I have a Log Periodic and also a 2 el beam on the same band

Occasionally, when moving to 40m from any other band

The antenna Genius selects the last antenna used on 40M when moving to 40m (40m Beam)

However, when I transmit it is transmitting the opposite antenna it selected (Log Periodic)

To remedy I have to manually tell it the 40m Beam.

Anyone know why?

Is this a Bug?

I am using 4.1.7 Firmware for my antenna Genius

And 1.2.11 on my Antenna Genius

Steve

KG5VK

• Gordon, ve7on
    Gordon, ve7on Member ✭✭
    Options

I have the same problem. There definitely seems to be some bugs in this new software release.

Gordon, ve7on

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Please email 4O3A about this. They have been on Holidays and are just back in the office this week.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.