Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Phase Cancellation in Diversity Receiption for Dual SCU Radios

VE7ATJ_Don
VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

For those of us who have radios with dual SCU's, could we please have Phase Cancelation in Diversity Reception. Similar to what something that worked well in PowerSDR for the 5000A with dual receivers.

Also, a version of this could work well in single SCU receivers using similar concepts/technology as imployed in the MFJ (and other) dual antennae noise cancellers -- taking the input from each of ANTA and B and using phase bridges to remove unwanted noise signals....

12 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

I agree Don. I would trade my 6400 for a 6600 today if the phase cancellation feature were implemented in the Flex dual SCU rigs.

• Rick_KJ5WO
    Rick_KJ5WO Member ✭✭

Me three!!!

73's

Rick...

• Bill AB7AA
    Bill AB7AA Member ✭✭✭

I bought my 6700's in 2016 explicitly because a Flex employee at the Yuma Hamfest said that they would be doing just that.

Still waiting!!

Bill AB7AA

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭

Count me in as well. One of several things that should have been in SmartSDR for a very long time.

James

WD5GWY

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Be sure to click the little up vote in this thread. Flex pays attention to the votes when making feature decisions.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

To me, the value of 2 SCUs is utilizing 2 antennas at once.

• Bill AB7AA
    Bill AB7AA Member ✭✭✭

Neil,

You are exactly correct!! There are a few things that they could improve on by the way they implement diversity reception, like being able to view both antenna spectrums simultaneously. There is much that you can tell by viewing as well as hearing.

Bill AB7AA

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.