Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSDR out of memory errors with 64 bit Win 11

Options

I leave my Flex 6700 on 24x7 to try to be available for remote access. Flex support says that the 32 bit SSDR application runs our of memory because of Windows and .net. The RAM usage starts at about 256MB and over about 36 hours it climbs to 4GB and fails, even without touching the application. The recommended "fix" is to restart SSDR before each operation. How many others are experiencing this unacceptable requirement?

Comments

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I have run for weeks on 64 bit Windows 11 ( and 10 in the past) and have never gotten over about 800 Mb for the SSDR app ( 4 slices). Most of the ram usage in SSDR is Waterfall buffering. At default WF rates, it takes a less than an hour to reach maximum ram usage. Lowers WF rates will take longer to fill the buffers. Few slices will also limit the max ram buffer usage.

What version of SSDR are your using. What version of Windows and are you running on a 32 bit PC ?

AL, K0VM

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I just checked mine and it has been up for days with 1 or 2 slices. I was at 73M on Windows 10 Pro.

• Dick Illman
    Dick Illman Member ✭✭
    Options

I am running the very latest SSDR version and Windows 11 64 bit. Single slice.

Sadly, it seems that Flex software fixes now take literally years, if ever.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.