Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex 6500 Schematic diagram needed

Options
Hi
I have a flex 6500 damaged by a storm.
I have already replaced several integrated circuits, but something is still damaged.
Does anyone have a diagram of the Flex 6500 system?

Regards, Jarek

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Jarek... it is highly unlikely you will find any schematics of any Flex products anywhere. I would think that Flex guards them VERY closely as it is proprietary technology.

Your better bet would be to contact the Flex Help Desk and ask for their assistance.

• Jarek
    Jarek Member
    Options
    Hi
    The Flex6500 will no longer be serviced, so I thought they would provide a diagram.
    I have a Flex 1500 and there are diagrams for it on the manufacturer's website.
    I think I'll put my flex as a decoration. :(
    Unless I buy a working motherboard somewhere...
    Regards Jarek
  • VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Jarek... I think they will still attempt to service 6500s. It's just that some parts (older technology) may no longer be avaliable, so they wouldn't be able to affect a fix/repair in some cases.

It may still be worthwhile to discuss it with them. The worst that could happen is that they say they can't help you anymore...

As I understand the underlying technology, a lot of the 'motherboard' function may be built into FPGA's... and the actual units themselves may no longer be available....

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

A schematic probably won’t help much as much of the signal processing is software in the FPGA code.

• Mr Radio
    Mr Radio Member ✭✭
    Options

Have you contacted Flex Service Centre in Germany, OM Jarek?

• Jarek
    Jarek Member
    Options
    Hello everyone
    Thank you for your suggestions.
    I haven't contacted the service yet.
    If the FPGA is damaged, unfortunately it cannot be repaired.
    It's a pity, it was nice equipment.
    Regards, Jarek
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Yes, we will still service FLEX-6500's if we have the parts.

We want to make that very clear.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.