Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Power Genius does not give close to full output on 45 watts input from 6400M

Options
Mark Griffin
Mark Griffin Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Power Genius XL Amplifier

I operated about 1 hour of the November Sweepstakes this morning and was getting about 1300 to 1400 watts output on 42 or so watts input. I went and took a break and came back at 2:30 and I see that I only am getting about 400 or so watts output with 45 watts input. I turned off the amplifier and also turned off my 6400M and restarted them again. I then switched to CW Mode and even If I have power output of 100 watts, my output from the amplifier is about 1060 watts. I even reset the PGXL and it did not fix the problem. I wrote a note to customer support. I don't know what to do or what even happened. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Mark Griffin, KB3Z

Answers

• KH6XX
    KH6XX Member ✭✭
    Options

You are not alone. I have experienced this same issue several times with the PGXL and 6600M, all running the latest software. It last happened during the ARRL SS just 10 minutes into the contest. I tried power cycling the PGLX, no change. Then I powered cycled the 6600M, no change. I have found the only solution is to do a factory reset on the 6600M. This has always worked for me.

I was going to send a note to Flex about the anomly, since it has repeated several times but you have already done it, now. The solution I found is annoying, but it worked for me. I wonder if this is a known issue?

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Are you using the Built in Watt Meter or do you have a external Meter?

Have you tried on a different Antenna / Dummy Load?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

If both of you are having an RF issue of any type, please open a support ticket.

Many problems might have the same symptom, so it is critical you do this.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.