Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Default antenna setting

Options
DL4RCE
DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭

Hi, is there a possibility to set a default antenna?

I do have different antennas for 80m, Vertical and Dipole. When I start my system default 80/40m is Vertical but I want to have that on the Dipole.

Any ideas?

Volker

Comments

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Don’t know any way to set a default, but the persistence should have it come up the same antenna as was shut down.

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi John, unfortunately it does not save the last used antenna.

Volker

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Volker... do you have the dipole on ANT2? What I've seen on the persistence is that whatever ANT port I was using when I shut down SMARTSDR is the same one that is connected for that slice when I restart SMARTSDR. So, if I was using the dipole on 80m when I shut down (Slice A, ANT2), then when I come back to 80m (SliceA) it shows ANT2 as my selected RX and TX antenna.

However, I tend to use only 1 slice and the Flex itself is left on 24x7.

• DL4RCE
    DL4RCE Member ✭✭✭
    Options

It is ANT2 on PA2 but always has defaulted to my vertical but I want to have the dipole. I could not find any setting in the AG tool to do so :(

Volker

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

The use of a Transmit Profile should do this for you.

Transmit Profiles are related to the last TX Antenna Port used.

Create 2 Transmit Profiles, called ANT1 and ANT2 (or something like that).

You want to read section 18.2 of the SmartSDR manual.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.