Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I have a 6600 and want to connect my Heil Headset Pro 7 and PTT footswitch

Options
WB4ZUT
WB4ZUT Member ✭✭
Do I have to go to Heil or Flex to find the correct adapter to allow me to use my Heil Pro 7 with my Flex 6600?

Answers

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Just plug direct in to the flex on the rear of the radio, MIC and PHONES. 24 and 27 in this pic. Footswitch goes in to 8 - PTT.

• WB4ZUT
    WB4ZUT Member ✭✭
    Options
    I have it plugged in with direct from Pro 7 into 24 and 27 and PTT in 8, but no luck. No power out when I step on the pedal. Might I have another setting wrong that would keep this from working? I am successful using the hand mic, but not with the setup described above.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Assuming the radio goes into TX, it sounds like you do not have the Mic setup correctly. Make sure TX DAX (blue box on the right) is off and you have the correct Mic input selected.

If you haven't already, give this video a watch.

If you are still having the issue, can you post a screen shot of SmartSDR.

• WB4ZUT
    WB4ZUT Member ✭✭
    Options
    It doesn't explain how to connect Heil Pro7.
  • WB4ZUT
    WB4ZUT Member ✭✭
    Options
    My FHM3 mic works perfectly when connected to 24 and 8. I have tried my Heil Pro 7 with footswitch to 8 and phone to 24 and PC Audio is off. I receive perfectly, but when I engage footswitch, no power out. I have also tried to put adapter on the mic of Heil and put it in BAL, switching the AF input source from MIC to BAL and that doesn't work. DAX is off.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Please open a support ticket.

It would also help if you post a screen shot of your SmartSDR screen making sure you grab all the MIC settings on the right side of the panel.

• WB4ZUT
    WB4ZUT Member ✭✭
    Options

Please notice above that I sent 2 screenshots. One with the hand mic attached showing PC Audio ON and a 2nd with PC Audio Off when Heil Pro7 in use. I also think it shows the mic settings. I additionally tried adding an adapter and use BAL on the mic cord and that didn't work either. Tonight I am going to attach the Heil Pro7 to my FT-991A to confirm the headset is still working. I had it repaired about 3 wks ago because the right earphone went out. Cost me $14 to have it repaired and it has worked well until today. I was doing all CW for the last 3 wks, but decided to go SSB and talk, when I discovered it not working. Yes, I went back to my SSB profile and it is on LSB or USB depending on freq. I've not submitted a ticket before, so I will read on how to do that. This setup with the Heil DID work in the past, so not sure if I have a single setting messing things up or my heil microphone may not be working and I have to send it back again. Let me try using Heil on my 991A first before bothering you with a ticket until I'm sure it is working. I was primarily trying to see if there was a setting I overlooked in the software. Thanks, Walt, WB4ZUT

• WB4ZUT
    WB4ZUT Member ✭✭
    Options

This shows the hand mic plugged in and it works.

• Rich M5RIC
    Rich M5RIC Member ✭✭✭
    edited February 29
    Options

Try going to Settings, Radio Set-up and the Phone/CW tab and check the BIAS and +20dB buttons. Toggle them on and off and see if that makes a difference.

You say you step on the pedal and there is no power out, is the radio actually going in to TX?

Try turning the MIC level up, some mics need more than others.

This is where the guide Mike posted is needed to get your levels set-up correctly.

Rich

• WB4ZUT
    WB4ZUT Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike, moved the Heil Pro7 to my FT-991A and the mic didn’t there either so it’s the headset and not the 6600 settings. I’m sending it for repairs and will try again upon return. Thanks for the help. Walt

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.