Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FHM-2 and flex 6600M

Options

There are times I prefer a handmic over the other mics. I have an FHM-2 BUT it seems to need an incredible amount of drive for it to work even half as good as my dynamic mics. Mic gain set at 80 or more, +20db and bias are on.

This leads me to a second question, is there a schematic for the FHM-2? I opened mine up and found a bunch of cold joints on the side of the board thats shows when you pull the bac and touched them up, that didn't help. in the mean time I found that R 2 was missing. That's on the front of the board, across the mic leads. Should it be there and if so, what's the value?

Thanks

Sandor KG4FET

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

There is no schematic available.

Are you sure they are cold solder joints or is it just the non-lead solder that looks like a cold solder joint?

I created a support ticket for you.

• Sandor
    Sandor Member ✭✭
    Options

The solder joints I touched up were dull. They are all shiney now. Thanks for opening the support ticket Mike

Sandor KG4FET

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Yea, that is the non-lead solder that has to be used.

• Sandor
    Sandor Member ✭✭
    Options

I use the so called "silver" solder here too

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.