SmartSDR v3.7.3 and the SmartSDR v3.7.3 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.12.0 and the SmartSDR v2.12.0 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes
Power Genius XL Utility v3.8.4 and the Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.8.4
Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.20 and the Tuner Genius XL Release Notes v1.1.20
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
6600M: Integrating the Q5 5BVUX - band data connection
Yet another question on integrating my station with the Flex 6600M...
I have a Q5 5BVUX that works very well with the 6600M. It has separate RX/TX and I am using XVTR and RX ports B for the rf connection between the radio and transverter. No issues here. TX and RX settings all fell into place and preforms extremely well - so **** just testing on 144 and 432. At the moment I am switching the 5BVUX manually. I know band data is available from the 6600M that is compatible with the Q5 by using the correct BCD encoding setting - HF+VHF.
Now the questions:
1) What is the most elegant way of getting the band data from the 6600M to the 5BVUX while preserving the independent PTT lines for each of the 5BVUX bands? Think amps for each band feeding separate antenna systems.
2) Do I use a Flex FTDI parallel cable wired to the band data pins on the 5BVUX accessory connector? Do I use a Q5 FTDI cable that is USB to their interface, but doesn't appear to breakout the independent PTT lines. Both cables appear to be a bit short. I would like something of order 6ft between the 6600M and 5BVUX. I suppose I could just extend the Flex cable.
3) Is there a breakout board available using the FTDI chip set that would make bit line available. Same as the Flex cable but just a board. This would allow a standard USB cable and then a bit level cable from the board to the 5BVUX.
Chuck de NJ6D / N7KU
Leave a Comment
- All Categories
- 239 Community Topics
- 2.1K New Ideas
- 471 The Flea Market
- 7.1K Software
- 5.9K SmartSDR for Windows
- 127 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 326 SmartSDR for Mac
- 238 SmartSDR for iOS
- 220 SmartSDR CAT
- 158 DAX
- 347 SmartSDR API
- 8.5K Radios and Accessories
- 6.9K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 721 Maestro
- 39 FlexControl
- 834 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 704 Genius Products
- 379 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 243 Tuner Genius XL
- 82 Antenna Genius
- 224 Shack Infrastructure
- 150 Networking
- 358 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 119 Contesting
- 564 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 113 Amateur Radio Interests
- 796 Third-Party Software