Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

AUTO SAVE PROFILES

Options

Dear Flexradio. If you really want to stay with this auto save profile thing you NEED TO MAKE IT WORK!

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi Craig,

Let's dig a bit deeper into this. While it's working for some users, if you're experiencing difficulties, there might be an underlying issue we need to address.

The problem could potentially stem from either a radio-related issue or a corrupted database within the radio itself. In some cases, performing a reset on the radio might help resolve the problem.

To assist you further, it would be beneficial to have additional details. Could you provide more information about your setup? Are you using specific Mic Profiles or Transmit Profiles? Any insights you can share will help us pinpoint the issue and provide you with more targeted support.

Feel free to reach out with any additional information you can provide.

• Craig Williams
    Options

Thanks Mike. Auto save does not always save everything correctly. Everyone knows that. The old non autosave NEVER corrupted a setting. I have had my 6400 for 5 years. I am a retired IT consultant and my clients said I was pretty good at it. Radio has a new SD card from flex. Been through many resets and making new databases over the years. For sure:

AGT will come up at 100. I NEVER set it over 40.

Steps will revert to 100. I set mine to 500.

No big deal but it would be nice if Flex fixed this, and many other noted reported issues by the group.

Love my Flex but, Denial is not a river in Egypt.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

We know that there are issues in persistence and profiles. It is do for an overhaul.

• Johan SE3X
    Johan SE3X Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Please! Please! Please! Mike .. add the switch giving us a possibility to switch off autosave! I love my 6700, but I really hate the Autosave.

73, Johan, SE3X

• Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I learned to live with autosave though every so often it does end up in unplanned settings. I'd prefer no autosave. Not needed here. These profiles are in the "set and forget" realm of my preferred operation.

I have been surprised by what appears to be my confusion with profiles and persistence. This isn't something that should be confusing. This confusion sort of indicates not well done. Generally, I change bands or modes by selecting the appropriate profile, but not 100% and I think autosave is the culprit when weird settings appear, or is it persistence? I can't tell. Mostly power setting, though sometimes mode.

I've given up trying to figure out how to keep my preferred settings stable.

It is annoying but not disastrous, barefoot.

A rework, or even a new vision seems like a fine idea.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lionel, consider using FRstack. It will save many memories and negate the Flex profile and persistence issues. In addition it saves many more parameters than profiles, with multiple categories of memories.

• Lionel
    Lionel Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks John. I'll give it a try.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.