SmartSDR v3.5.9 and the SmartSDR v3.5.9 Release Notes | SmartSDR v2.10.1 and the SmartSDR v2.10.1 Release Notes
SmartSDR v1.12.1 and the SmartSDR v1.12.1 Release Notes
Power Genius XL Utility v3.8.4 and the Power Genius XL Release Notes v3.8.4
Tuner Genius XL Utility v1.1.20 and the Tuner Genius XL Release Notes v1.1.20
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.
6600M: Controlling a relay board (16ch)?
Continuing with my Flex 6600M integration efforts...
I have gotten the basic integration done - RX, TX antennas, transverters, computer (mostly) etc... Now to push on the control I am looking one of the USB relay boards available. I am looking at a 16ch board. However I am getting confused on the compatibility based on the video tutorials and comments here in community. The confusion stems from USB cable type and communications compatibility / protocol.
The board I am looking at is at the link provided at the bottom. I'd like to know if others have had success interface a Flex 6000 series to this board or something similar.
1) Do all boards share the same communication protocol? SainSmart seems to be what works. Is this a required protocol for use with the Flex? What should I be looking for when selecting a board?
2) Is the FTDI chipset a must for USB controlled boards. The FTDI chipset seems to be meant for conversion of USB to RS232. What is required for the Flex to recognize the board using the built in USB port(s)?
3) Is there a list on boards that are known to work with the Flex 6000s and SmartSDR? Should I plan on just using a known 8ch board?
Thanks as always!
Chuck - NJ6D / N7KU
Leave a Comment
- All Categories
- 226 Community Topics
- 2K New Ideas
- 450 The Flea Market
- 6.9K Software
- 5.8K SmartSDR for Windows
- 120 SmartSDR for Maestro and M models
- 311 SmartSDR for Mac
- 233 SmartSDR for iOS
- 216 SmartSDR CAT
- 153 DAX
- 340 SmartSDR API
- 8.4K Radios and Accessories
- 6.8K FLEX-6000 Signature Series
- 706 Maestro
- 39 FlexControl
- 822 FLEX Series (Legacy) Radios
- 658 Genius Products
- 360 Power Genius XL Amplifier
- 229 Tuner Genius XL
- 69 Antenna Genius
- 213 Shack Infrastructure
- 142 Networking
- 338 Remote Operation (SmartLink)
- 116 Contesting
- 537 Peripherals & Station Integration
- 108 Amateur Radio Interests
- 768 Third-Party Software