Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

PGXL/MARS with non flex radio

Options

Anyone know if the PGXL will operate MARS with a Non Flex Radio?

Comments

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I don’t know why it wouldn’t Larry.

The PGXL simply increases the power output levels from the input it receives. As long as your non-flex radio is physically capable of transmitting on MARS frequencies then the PGXL should just pass it all through to your tuner and/or antenna. Am I understanding your question correctly?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Yes, it will. RF performance specifications are only for Amateur bands.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Larry, What particular frequency are you trying to use and those of us who have the PGXL and who are on MARS can check it into a Dummy load and see if ours is doing the same thing, and of course as Mike said is your Radio is capable of using those frequencies it should work.

• Larry _ NY8T
    Larry _ NY8T Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the replys, I don't have all the details but a friend that has a IC-7610 an is a AF MARS member is in the market for a new amplifier.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.