Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tuner Genius with Icom Radio CI-V Issue

Options

I have an IC-7300 connected to the B Channel of my SO2R Tuner Genius. The CI-V output from the radio is connected to the B Channel CI-V input of the Tuner Genius. The TGXL display shows the B Channel connected via "CAT" not "CI-V" but it does show the correct frequency. My PGXL has the CI-V output from the radio connected to the B Channel CI-V input of the PGXL. The PGXL display shows the B Channel connected to" CI-V" and shows the correct frequency. The Tuner Genius relay clicks every minute or so even though there are no frequency changes input to the radio. I think something is wrong here.

Shouldn't the B Channel display of the TGXL say "CI-V" and not "CAT"?

Why is the TGXL relay clicking every so often with no frequency changes input to the radio?

Can anyone help?

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

The 7300 does work.

Can you post all your TGXL configuration screens and also the baud rate settings from the IC-7300.

The one thing that got me was that the stop bits on the TGXL. I can't remember which way it is supposed to be, but I think it is 8N1, not 8N2 which is the default.

Your other option is to NOT use a CI-V cable on the TGXL, but have it slaved to the PGXL via the LAN. This is the way that 4O3A wants you to do it.

• Ken D'Alessandro
    Options

Thanks Mike,

The TGXL wanted 8N1 which is what I had set. That's all fine, but . . . .

Your TGXL configuration screen looked different from mine. On my config screen, the tab shown on yours as "Genius Configuration" was "Antenna Genius" so I did not have the choice shown in your attachment. This made me check the Flex website and I noticed that the latest TGXL firmware is now 1.1.20 (mine was 1.1.16) so I downloaded and installed it. Now the tab reads "Genius Configuration" and my TGXL B Channel is slaved to the PGXL channel B. Elegant solution. Funny, I was just the other day wondering why 4O3A did not link the PGXL and TGXL together via LAN this way. Turns out they are way ahead of me.

This brings the question, should the "Bind:" window pulldown be set for "BOTH" instead of "PORT B" or am I missing something?

Ken

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

The bind should be for only 1 port. In your case, Port B it seems.

Glad you got it figured out.

• Phillip Hare
    Phillip Hare Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike - my TGXL and PGXL work fine with my IC-7300 except for one caveat - the BIAS continually switches from AB to AAB at random - even when transmitting - when using the BCD2CAT box from 4o3a. When CI-V is connected directly to the TGXL this ceases - but the BIAS is set to AAB (I'm in DIGI mode) and I can't, regardless of what the manual says, change it from the SW or the touch screen of the amp. I need to use the BCD2CAT to supply BCD to my AG - or I am stuck changing antennas manually - and retuning each time as it doesn't seem to remember the previous tune.

Thoughts?

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Are you using 3.8.4 PG XL and 1.1.20 TG XL?

Dave wo2x

• Phillip Hare
    Phillip Hare Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, installed last night. Now everything works properly when 7300 is connected directly to TGXL (its bound to PGXL) but the BCD2CAT now randomly switches between bands. I'm looking for a different converter that will supply BCD to my AG.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.