Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Control/management/logging with two FlexRadios

Options

Hi all,

I am now the owner of two radios. Each one located in a different country, each one operated remotely with specific country call sign. I maintain a PC and a high speed internet connection on each site.

I can also connect with them over Smartlink from my PC, iPad and iPhone.

Now what I am trying to achieve is to have a distinct operating and logging for each one.

That means contesting capabilities too and casual DX. I operate CW, SSB and digital modes (FT8 included)

I would love to have all Flexradio settings preserved in software (logging or contesting for each one) and just be able to switch between them.

My idea would be to create distinct windows 11 user profiles and do a complete setup for every one. It could be the easiest way?

Is there anybody out there who is running such an environment?

What should be the best practices? Separate software instances or can be centralized?

I appreciate any input that you may have on the above.

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi Val

All the radio settings are preserved in the radio. Not the PC, so that should help. When you switch radios, it will load the profiles from the target radio.

I run 3 radios all the time. A remote HF radio. A local VHF/UHF radio and a test radio. Each time I reconnect to a specific radio, it recalls the settings from the radio in use.

And, to make it easier, when I bring up CAT, it remembers the settings for the PC which makes it much easier on logging programs since it doesn't have to connect to a different serial port.

I use HRD for Logging and it allows me to have multiple log books open at the same time. I only use the LogBook part of HRD and then I let SliceMaster provide the frequency data to the log book.

To make it even easier, JTDX (and WSJTx) will push your QSO's right into the log book for you (they call it a QSO Forwarder).

That should give you some ideas.

• Val  DM1TX
    Val DM1TX Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Mike

Thank you for your input. Sorry for late answer. Somehow the answers I receive do not generate emails. So I have to come back directly here and check it out, I have a pretty good idea now what is to be done.

I am however setting up a RemoteRig box pair in oder to use CW remotely due to known and pending CW issues.

Merry Xmas Mike!

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

I have my home station in New Jersey (US) and use AC Log for daily log.

I also have a remote station in Hawaii (different DX “country”). I use HRD Logbook for that station.

I also have two different LoTW certificates and station locations. Also two different eQSL accounts.

73 Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.