Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

3.5.9 didn't work for me

Options
2»

Comments

• Rich McCabe
    Rich McCabe Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I am back up with radio but have not got DAX or CAT to login yet.

Just have to be patient I guess :)

• KI5RLR
    KI5RLR Member ✭✭
    Options

I also have an 'always on' VPN tunnel between my remote site and home QTH and, several months ago, tried to do what you are describing. It did not work since my remote site is uses a different LAN address, ie: my remote site is 192.168.1.x and my home is 172.16.1.x. There is a way to 'extend' one LAN across the VPN, but I did not feel like diving into that setup since SmartLink worked so well... now I wish I had.

• Randy KN4YBA
    Options

OMG it took 15 minuets but the remote did come up. I get very nervous when I run into issues such as this. I have avery complex Unifi network set up and always want to tear it apart when I see issues as we are seeing with remote SmartSDR. I wish Flex would make a major anouncement on the first page of the discussions just to let us know there is a problem and it may take some time to connect remote.

• Ken AG2K
    Ken AG2K Member ✭✭
    Options

This morning I had a message on the screen saying "session timed out" (something like that). I tried to sign into smartlink again and it is not completing the authentication. Hopefully it will catchup soon this time.

KM

• RFord
    RFord Member ✭✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

I started getting that message several days ago…Long story short Tim told me they were aware of the issue…FYI

BTW no progress at my shack… just a waiting game…

• W4AFK Bruno
    W4AFK Bruno Member ✭✭
    edited September 2023
    Options

SmartSDR 2.10.1 and SmartLink ...

At 19h40 UTC (12h40 PDT Saturday), I am still < waiting > for SmartLink. It's been 20+ minutes and still nothing.

So, I decided to stop trying and in place of using the RDP backup, I just switched to my remote TS-480SAT using a pair of RemoteRig interfaces. Both the Flex and the TS-480SAT connect to the same Expert 1.3K-FA amp and antennas. Note that I NEVER had any issues with the RemoteRig interfaces, and that's after more than 6 years of use.

If you ask about the RDP, I use an underpowered NUC to be able to update the Flex radio's firmware and to handle some other remote items. My plan is to replace that NUC with a more capable one so that I can run the radio via the RDP connection (RemotePC - paid subscription) and avoid SmartLink.

• gholland
    gholland Member ✭✭
    Options
    I can log on to SmartLink, but still can't "register". Must the radio be hooked up to the same LAN it was originally registered on to re-register? I wouldn't think so.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.