Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR and KPA/KAT500 power/swr

Options
is it possible for SmartSDR to show the power output from my KPA500 and SWR? I'd like to operate remotely, but have no way to see if the amp is activated and putting out the desired power level.

Comments

• Martin_G4ENZ
    Martin_G4ENZ Member ✭✭
    Options

DDUtil will do what you want.

73 Martin

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

To expand om Martin's comment, you will need to run DDUtil on a computer local to the radio. There are two serial ports on the KPA 500. Plug the one marked PC into your PC running DDUtil, and the other into the back of the Flex. Go to the USB Cables screen in SmartSDR and set up the cable to the amp.

Set up DDUtil for the port you have the KPA 500 connected to.

To see DDUtil and control the amp remotely, use AnyDesk, TeamViewer or some other remote control PC software.

I am away from my shack right now or I would have provided some screen shots. If you get stuck, be sure to post back here. If you get really stuck, I would be happy to do a Zoom or Skype session to help you out.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I used to run my KPA500 connected to Nodered on a PI and then I could watch it from any browser.

Getting things up and running on NodeRed is not hard at all. And, there is lots of ham operator support for it.

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.