Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Why have my 6500 and PGxl gone MIA on my network?

Options

I'm doomed to always have weird problems. So yesterday I walked into the shack and powered up my equipment after an overnight shutdown due to T-storms in the area. I also started SSDR and the PG utility.  

WTF? None of the software can see my equipment. Everything was working fine until it wasn't. No configurations have changed nor was there an overnight windows update on any of the four PCs. 

I've tried two Windows 11 and two Windows 10 PCs with identical results. But I can connect locally from my iphone or ipad using SSDR and I can see and control the radios perfectly. The weird thing is that I can successfully ping the hardware from any pc as well as from my Verizon router's management page.

SSDR v2.9.2

Any ideas before I submit a help desk ticket?

73..... Frank / WA3NHK

Comments

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

@fpmacko Just for grins. I would restart your router.

• fpmacko
    fpmacko Member ✭✭
    Options

Already did that while grinning. Plus I cold started the radio and pgxl. No change. I found a similar posting earlier this month and Mike told him to open a ticket, which I'm about to do.

• ka9ees
    ka9ees Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Good idea!

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited August 2023
    Options

This sounds like your FireWall is turned on and it is blocking the communication.

What is the IP address of the computer and radio? Can you post them here and that will confirm a few things.

• fpmacko
    fpmacko Member ✭✭
    Options

I dunno, Mike. It seems odd that all of a sudden the windows firewall would activate on two w11 and two w10 machines at the same time. But I'll keep an open mind.

6500 192.168.1.209

PGXL 192.168.1.251

BTW, I submitted a support request late yesterday.

• DonS
    DonS Member ✭✭✭
    edited August 2023
    Options

Wireshark which is freeware is an excellent tool for determining what is on the network and what is happening on the network.

Don - kx9q

• fpmacko
    fpmacko Member ✭✭
    Options

Tnx, Don. I just got things working again. Ken Wells at the help desk pointed me toward my "ESET" security software as the likely culprit because within the past two weeks others running ESET have reported the same problem. I had to add firewall rules to allow smartsdr, dax, cat, and PGXL utility to use any protocols. I've been using ESET for several years and never had to do that before, but it appears that an update on 14 Aug to the "Antivirus and antispyware scanner" module caused the problem even though the name indicates it has nothing to do with the firewall. Go figure.

73.... Frank / WA3NHK

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.