Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Version "clean up" working?

Options
I read Mike's post about how FRS is cleaning up older versions of firmware when we upgrade. Today I upgraded my 6600M to v3.5.8 but still see v3.4.23 and v2.9.1 (which according to his post were supposed to be automatically removed) on my screen. Is there another step I need to perform to have them removed?

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

That step happened on August 14th. They should be gone by now.

• k5map
    k5map Member ✭✭
    Options
    Just checked and both are still listed... is there anything I need to do on my side?
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Yes, it was re-added as that idea didn't work out.

More to come soon.

• k5map
    k5map Member ✭✭
    Options
    ok thanks.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Options

I think I am ok to say this now as it has been tested.

Restart the M model and you will see a v2.2.2. This is a very small utility program that will run through some cleanup scripts.

If you still have an issue after this, you will need to open a support ticket.

Let us know how you make out.

Maestro/M Model Cleanup Instructions

Perform the following procedure if you are experiencing issues while attempting to update software on the Maestro or M-model radios. If you have already successfully installed v3.5.8 or v2.10.0, this procedure is not necessary.

From the Maestro or M-model front panel, select the radio then select Connect. 
    From the Select a Version screen, select v2.2.2.2 from the list then select Update. 
    Wait 60 seconds for the cleanup process to run. It is normal to see erratic screen activity during this process. 
    After 60 seconds, power off the M-model or Maestro. It is safe to power off the unit regardless of what the screen is displaying. 
    Power on the M-model or Maestro. 
    Select the radio and update to the latest V2 or V3 software. 

• k5map
    k5map Member ✭✭
    Options
    Mike,

Thanks for the information. I performed them as stated and here were my results:

1) The screen did blink a few times and the power button flashed from green to purple
    2) The update took much longer than 60 seconds. For me, it took approximately 2.5 minutes
    3) When the instructions said "power off", I just pressed the power button (I did not remove DC power)
    4) Post running v2.2.2, version v2.9.1 was removed from the list but v3.4.23 is still listed

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.