Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SmartSDR version clean up.

Options

I just updated my 6400M to 3.5.8. All went well no issues with up grade.

Question:

When up grading a 6400M to new version. I see many older version listed still available to select. Is there way a to delete these old version of SmartSDR off the M model radio, so it might clear up some space on the micro SD card or at least remove the pointer file so the card can write to that space again?

Thanks

Shawn

Ve3xyy

Comments

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    Options

As far as I know, there is no way for the user to ' clean up' the listed versions on Maestro/"M" models. But that usually happens from time to time under Flex control if the Maestro is connected to the internet. Mike just posted a notice on the subject.

AL, K0VM

• Stan VA7NF
    Stan VA7NF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Remember the Maestro (and also the M models?) are designed for connection to MULTIPLE radio servers, each of which may be on a different version.

I would like the selection screen, especially when only one choice, to have the radio version there as a default with the "Versions" button for changing the default.

• N4RAG
    N4RAG Member ✭✭
    Options

hello

the new update fixes many bugs

but the recorder keeps giving problems when you record

lack of memory is heard with a broken voice

73"

• ShawnQuinn
    ShawnQuinn Member ✭✭
    Options

Looks like version 2.2.2 will clean off the old versions on M and Maestro and then load current.

Thanks

SHawn

ve3xyy

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

On the M models, there is a 32G hard drive. All the versions of SmartSDR might take up maybe 1Gb, so there is no concern for space due to SmartSDR versions.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@ShawnQuinn

All version 2.2.2 does is clean up a mistake Microsoft made. It does not touch any SmartSDR files.

• Spanky97
    Spanky97 Member ✭✭
    Options

Afternoon mike, I am running V2.10.0. do I need to go back to the V3.5.8 ? radio is: 6400M, computer is a Dell 3620 with windows 10 pro.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

If you are licensed for version 3, you might as well upgrade to 3.5.8. The only difference is that v3 gives you MultiFlex and SmartControl.

Since you have an M model, SmartControl is a distinct advantage. It allows you to operate with SmartSDR (mouse and keyboard control, full size panadapter and waterfall) while simultaneously using the knobs and buttons on the front panel.

MultiFlex lets two clients log onto the radio simultaneously so that each can independently control the radio (they do share the one transmitter).

• Spanky97
    Spanky97 Member ✭✭
    Options

Morning Len, Thank you. Just running 2.210 was an adventure. have re-installed the 3.5.8. happy camper now. You are just north of me. looks like rain today. need to go cover the pellet grill before it starts.

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Great! I'm glad that solved it.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

If you have 2.10 or 3.5.8 installed, it does run the cleanup script.

BTW, 2.10 and 3.5.8 are the EXACT same software other than 3.5.8 allows you to us MultiFlex and SmartControl.

Mike

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.