Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Profil Manager do not save all settings !!!

Options
[Deleted User]
edited August 2023 in SmartSDR for Windows

in picture 1 you will se that I made all settings as I need it when I do EME on 144mhz ( I use DIV to create 2 reciver on the same qrg) I save this profile in the manager..... but when I recall the profile there is missing my RX:A on slice:A and also the DAX:2 channel on slice:D

picture 2 show after a recall of the profile ....

73" OZ1CT Ben

Answers

• Bill NE1B
    Bill NE1B Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Nice idea! Diversity for Faraday Rotation off the moon, Horizontal and Vertical polarization.

But I do not know what is wrong with the Profile Manager.

GL,

de Bill, NE1B

• [Deleted User]
    Options

HI Bill

Yes it is to cure the Faraday Rotation off the moon, Horizontal and Vertical polarization and it works :-)

but every time I change mode whit the manager I have to remeber to switch on the A:RX and B:DAX-2

There must be a Bug in the way they save the settings ???

73" OZ1CT Ben

• Ron Koenig
    Ron Koenig Member ✭✭
    Options

None of this has Ever worked reliably...

Profiles are at best crude. Often their unpredictable actions have disastrous effects on hardware.

Ron, WV4P

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Then I just hope that a software engineer from Flexradio read this message 😉

73" oz1ct Ben

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    Options

Try setting up the two different slices in two different panadapters.

This will allow the logic to assign different RX antennas to each slice.

As it is, with both slices in the same panadapter, the radio is trying to assign them both to the same RX input.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

To avoid much of this, I use the memories in frstack. It’s a free download, and its memories save many more parameters than the flex profiles or memories. I don’t operate without it.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi John

Why can the maneger save all ?? It rember your microphone settings 🤔 it would be great if it save all, so you don't have to install a " non-flexradio-software " ...

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi Kenn

The problem with 2 slice is you can't get them to track the vfo .. A=B

Ben

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

If you want Slice A to track Slice B, you will need to run FRStack at the same time.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi Mike

I Don't want to run FRStack...I just want to get my Smartsdr 3.4.24 to save all my settings in the "Profile-manager"

as you see at my first post I can save the profile but I can't recall it as it "lose" some info !!!

there must be a bug in the software in Smartsdr... maybe try a "support ticket" ???

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited August 2023
    Options

Sorry if I mis-understood your post.

What settings are lost? Can you be more specific?

In Section 18 of the SmartSDR Manual, it does show what settings are saved and if it is by a Global Profile, Mic Profile or Transmit Profile.

If you can pass that on, we can get it to engineering.

Persistence remembers these settings:

Global Profiles (not auto saved)

Mic Profiles - auto saved

TX Profiles - auto saved

• [Deleted User]
    Options

HI Mike

try to look at the start of m thread...otherwise it is here:

trying to setup my Flex- f-6600 for adaptive RX on 144mhz EME using DIV. (using 2 transverter)

Slice: A I get RX:A and DAX:1

Slice: D I get RX:B and DAX:2

then I save this in the Profile Manager" as "144mhz-EME", if I then recall the "144mhz-EME" profile

it reload and then on Slice: A RX: A and on Slice: D, DAX: 2 is missing ?????

using here:

Smartsdr 3.4.24

PC: i7 - 16gb ram 1tb SSD

Win-10 64 bit

73" OZ1CT Ben

• [Deleted User]
    Options

Hi Mike

Have you try it out ????

73" Ben

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

Hi @Bent

Please open a support ticket for this.

• [Deleted User]
    Options

HI Mike

ok I wil open one...and hope it will be fixede in of the next release of SmartSDR ;-)

73" OZ1CT Ben

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.