Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

4O3A Antenna Genius firmware

Options
Geert PA3CPS
Geert PA3CPS Member ✭✭
edited November 2023 in Antenna Genius

Hi,

Any news about the new V4.0 software?

'73 Geert

pa3cps

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12-4-2022

We have found the issue and it is regarding TGXL->AG integration.

Unfortunately, this will be very hard to solve with the current version of AG firmware but as we are going to release new AG firmware (v4) soon, I will probably be able to fix it there.

Thanks for your assistance.

Kind regards,

Marko Tomasevic

Software developer

Comments

• Phil VK4KW
    Phil VK4KW Member ✭✭
    Options

Version 4.1.1 has issues, in that it cannot contend with the advertised 4X8 Super Switch format as yet.

When will this be available please?

Phil

VK4KW

• John K3MA
    John K3MA Member ✭✭
    Options

I inadvertently updated AG to v4 and immediately found several problems with operation using Flex 6600M, PGXL, TGXL SO2R system. After consultation with Flex they indicated that it is not yet supported within the components software/firmware and to roll back to AG v3.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

John, you can email 4O3A directly if you wish. support@4o3a.com.

• John K3MA
    John K3MA Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike, thanks but I think it best to wait until Flex tells us the update is compatible with all the other components in the system. Since all pieces are sold and marketed as Flex I suspect you and your Engineers are in the best position to review, test, and then tell me it's a go for updating.

I am in no rush to update but do want to keep the software on the most current releases when they are ready.

• Phil VK4KW
    Phil VK4KW Member ✭✭
    Options

Trouble is, that the previous version of the software supports 4X8 but not multiple OM relay modules.

Can't win! 😃

I'm using 3 OM modules and bought the gear recently based on the 4O3A advert of being able to do the 4X8 Super Switch. Hopefully, they get working on a revised software version soon....

Phil

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Does anyone know if Ranko has actually been told there's a problem ? In his introduction in the "Antenna Genius User Manual Software Version 4.1 Rev. 1"

(https://4o3a.com/images/downloads/antenna_genius/documentation/AntennaGenius_User_Manual_v4-1_Rev1.pdf)

page 3, he describes it as "... solid and stable" after "... countless ours" of "...extensive beta testing". I'm not challenging his claims by the way I just wonder if he considers it complete and is off on other things. I'd email him myself but I haven't had much luck in the past.

Russ KR6W

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I thought I'd update my status on this in case it might be of value to someone.

After not getting a response to my last post here I decided to email Ranko myself. I have not had great success doing that in the past but this time I received a very fast response from Marko. He didn't say anything but provided new utilities/F/W for both the AG and TG.

I installed both but they didn't fix the problem. In fact, I could see no difference at all except my TGXL now resets my configuration to default every time I power it on (a new bug).

I have emailed this result back and am awaiting a response.

Fingers crossed.

Russ KR6W

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited November 2023
    Options

A couple of notes

1. Shutdown SmartSDR, Tuner Genius and Antenna Genius
    2. If using a 2x8 AG with SO2R TG XL then AG 4.1.6 needs TG XL 1.2.9
    3. TGXL 1.2.9 will wipe your config and all tuner memories. Not difficult to reconfigure but you may need a "band tour" to get the memories back as you like them.
    4. Back up your AG config, and then restore it in 4.1.6 - check over the band definitions to be sure.
    5. in TG XL SO2R configuration, under Genius configuration use the pull down for AG to select the MAC address of the AG. Do not enter the IP address.  
    6. the Power Genius field in the Tuner Genius Configuration is only needed if using a non-Flex transceiver. Select either A, B or both for ports with non-Flex radios. This allows single CAT/CI-V to the PG XL and TG gets frequency then from PGXL. Leave blank for ports using a Flex 6000 series radio.
    7. You still need to feed band data or pin to band to AG for non-Flex transceivers
    8. When upgrading, if you have issues with tuner, reset tuner by holding the OP/STBY button while turning on power. Continue to hold button until it resets.
    9. The AG uses a new API. SmartSDR for MAC is already updated.

Dave wo2x

• Russ Ravella
    Russ Ravella Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2023
    Options

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.