Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

JTDX waveforms

Options

Im new to this FT8 mode and using JTDX with my 6700.. I have the RX bandwidth set to 3KC and the low cut set to 0 and high 10 3000..Sems to work ok but I notice the waveform on the 6700 SSDR is fine around 1500 or so but if I transmit below 1000- on the JTDX waterfall I get a broad waveform with a lot of harmonics.. same thing happens when I try around 2400... Is this normal or do I have things set incorrectly ??

Tnx, bc AH0U

Answers

• Al K0VM
    Al K0VM Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Make sure the SSDR level indicator is never in the red ( 0 or above). If you stay below 0 on the level indicator then in band audio harmonics are not normal . You are using DAX, correct ?

AL, K0VM

• AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    Options

My level never goes to red...stays half way to zero.. what I would call -

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

From the screen shot you have shared, you are overdriving the radio.

You need to dial back the audio level in JTDX or the TX Slider in SmartSDR DAX.

Reduce it so the Peak indicator is at -5db.

• AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    Options

The peak indicator is at -5 now.

bc

• AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    Options

Look at the screen shot I sent, it shows the level half way between -10 and zero... what I'd call -5

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

It looks like you have the average level (the light-colored bar) at -5 dB. The peak level is the little red square just to the right of the 0 dB mark. Reduce the audio so that the little square goes to -5. It will change from red to the same color as the average bar.

• AH0U
    AH0U Member ✭✭
    Options

Tnx,bc

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.