Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

SSB AM & FM Modes

Options

Hello I am looking at the radio menus and searched through the smart SDR manual and looking for the controls to changes modes from ssb (usb and lsb) and AM and FM modes. Can someone tell me where the setting is on the radio and in the manual. I am doing a lot of reading and watching you tube videos.

Thanks

Best Answers

• Ken Wells
    Ken Wells Community Manager admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

The advantage to reading PDF's from laptops or tablets as that our manuals have links in the table of contests and on many other pages to take you to the pages of interest with a simple click or tap.

Also, you can use the "Find" feature (CTRL + F) to search for topics of interest.

You can't do that on a printed page. But you CAN put yellow sticky notes in a printed manual!

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

I often reprint the manual at Staples (here in Canada) and I get it bound with a spiral binding. This makes it easy to fold over.

It usually costs me about $30 for over 200 pages as long as I don’t print it in colour. Black and White is good enough for me.

Answers

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options
  • KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

I am not seeing that.

• Alan
    Alan Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mode selection is available at several Locations. On the Panadapter/Slice, and on the "RX" control panel.

Alan. WA9WUD

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

You may not have the bottom half of the slice flag displayed as in this sample:

If this is the case, click on the mode button (which is shown as USB in this sample), and the bottom half with mode and bandwith selection will display.

73, Craig KØCF

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you I got it now.

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Also note that if you click on the "A" in the upper right corner of the flag, this will result:

To restore the entire flag display, click the "A" again.

73, Craig KØCF

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Craig, that's a new one for me. I never ran across that "feature " before. Thanks for posting.

James

WD5GWY

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

New to me as well! I guess I should be clicking in more places...

As someone I used to work with said: "just keep clicking until you find what you need" or somthing similar.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

“Washrooms make great places to read user manuals”. (not my words)

At least no one disturbs you.

• KG5PTE
    KG5PTE Member ✭✭
    Options

Very hard for me to read PDF over a computer screen. So I took all the manuals I could find put them on a USB drive and took them over to Staples to have them printed and put in paper back. Yes I do like to read.

Thanks.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.