Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FlexRadio Poor Customer Support

Options
AE0MW
AE0MW Member ✭✭

Before anyone jumps down my throat, I have an open support ticket with Flex, and they have IGNORED multiple responses to my ticket (spaced days apart) as well as having IGNORED a phone call and a voicemail.

I've no choice left but to take this public.

I purchased a TGXL in Dayton, and when it arrived it was mislabeled as to input and output. I opened a ticket, Tim responded to me within a day, and a day later identified my issue and issued a replacement unit which shipped the same day. Top notch!

That was the end of anything approaching good service from Flex.

The replacement arrived right before Field Day and I returned the bad one before even unboxing the new one.

After Field day I installed my new TGXL, and...It doesn't work properly. I responded with detailed descriptions of my problem, my setup, etc. I heard nothing back. A couple days later I received a reply to that message from Sam, literally quoting my message describing my new problems, telling me they received my TGXL back and would be shipping a replacement shortly. Clearly a form letter with no bother whatsoever to even check if it was correct. I responded to Tom asking him to please read the email he responded to, and that I still needed support. No response at all.

I waited a couple more days, left a voice mail with flex, still no response.

So here I am 3 days before IARU... and still no functioning tuner for my station...

I'm sure, at least I hope, that someone from Flex reads this and can get in contact with me as it's obvious to me that currently other methods of contact have failed. I've been around a long time, I'm sure that this isn't Flex's intended level of support, but they seem to have some serious process errors that need addressed...

-Mike AE0MW

Tagged:

Comments

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Mike. I own two TG-XL's and they worked exactly as described in the manual. I'm curious what the problem was with your 2nd TG-XL?

Butch, KF4HR

• AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭
    Options

Considering it was a holiday weekend . . . It might be a few before you get a response. People may have taken a few extra days off. Don't know where it says in the warranty that when one snaps their fingers there is supposed to be immediate response. . . Their service has always been excellent with me.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Or try dealing with Icom customer support. It may change the perception of flex.

• NB4B
    NB4B Member
    Options
    My experience with Icom has been top notch and I can get them on the phone and get it resolved a problem in the same day. (A defective 52a display problem repair once under warranty and second time not) Flex is a different story. What I expect to turn out to be Operator Error or lack of documentation is going on for over a week. This should have been resolved with a phone call to determine if my $7000.00 radio needs to come back to be repaired. It has taken a week and lot of back and forth computer messages just to determine that a maestro version A needs to have a battery replaced to the tune of 300 dollars.

My experience so far puts their customer service way behind Icom, Garmin, Apple, KM3KM, and even MFJ. Someone needs to be overseeing the customer service and have a way to speed up response.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited July 2023
    Options

We wanted to provide you with an update regarding a frequently asked question about the status of your radio. Don't forget, that FlexRadio was closed from June 30th to July 5th for the holidays.

Once your radio arrives at our shipping dock, our team will send you an email confirmation to let you know it has been checked in.

The next email you can expect is when your radio lands on one of our workbenches and our technicians begin working on it. Please note that we operate on a "First In First Out" basis, prioritizing radios in the order they are received.

Depending on the current backlog, there may be a gap of a day or even several weeks between these two emails. We kindly ask for your patience during this time, as it does not mean that we have lost or forgotten about your radio.

Our support technicians receive a high volume of emails inquiring about the status of radios, which can impact their ability to promptly repair and return your device. While we continue to explore ways to address these "where is my radio" inquiries, we have not yet found a solution that would not affect our repair process or require additional funding. Implementing such a solution would either result in increased costs for radios or repairs.

We genuinely appreciate your understanding and patience throughout this process. Rest assured, our team is dedicated to resolving any issues with your radio and returning it to you as soon as possible.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. We are here to assist you.

If you want to escalate via a different path, please email info@flexradio.com and they will forward it to the correct manager.

Thank you for your ongoing patience and support.