Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

FLEX-6300 Service?

Options

Can anyone give me any information on typical response time for service of a FLEX-6300 that is out of warranty? My radio has been in for over two weeks and I haven't heard a word. 😕

Comments

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭
    Options

Ditto

Pete K1OYQ

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I experienced the same thing. They have had a fairly large backlog of work. After two weeks I was about to start pestering them. Then, I received an email from my Help Desk ticket that my radio was on the bench and being tested. Two days later after I paid my bill, my radio was on it's way back to me. Everything working like it should.

Give them a bit more time. Especially with this being a long weekend for a lot of people.

James

WD5GWY

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks for the info James. Did they tell what they were going to do for repairs ahead of time or just repair it, and did they give you a choice of how to ship it back to you?

Pete K1OYQ

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Receiving Flex service on a 6300 is very fortunate, as components to effect all service requirements have been unavailable for some time now.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    edited July 2023
    Options

Yes, they informed me of needed repairs and costs. After I said go ahead, they had it ready to move to shipping by the next day. Very good service. I was sent a detailed statement of what was done and why. Hard to beat their customer service.

James

WD5GWY

Forgot to mention they didn't offer a choice of shippers. My radio was sent FedEx Ground. Which worked fine for me as I live less than 200 miles from Austin. Even though it was Ground shipping, I was within FedEx 's next day delivery zone for Ground delivery.

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭
    Options

Thank you. I hope you have good luck with it.

Pete K1OYQ

• KI5RLR
    KI5RLR Member ✭✭
    Options

I sent in a Maestro and it took them about a month to get to it. I got a message on the Friday before the 4th that they had repaired it and gave me the total. I responded to ask how do I go about paying the bill. I still have not heard anything. I know it was a long weekend, but I expected to hear something on Wed, Thu, or Fri... but nothing.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I would try contacting them again. As someone suggested in your other post, you might check your Spam folder just in case the billing info they send got redirected as spam. Also, you may want to check your Help Desk ticket to see if there has been an update from them about billing and shipping.

James

WD5GWY

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

We wanted to provide you with an update regarding a frequently asked question about the status of your radio.

Once your radio arrives at our shipping dock, our team will send you an email confirmation to let you know it has been checked in.

The next email you can expect is when your radio lands on one of our workbenches and our technicians begin working on it. Please note that we operate on a "First In First Out" basis, prioritizing radios in the order they are received.

Depending on the current backlog, there may be a gap of a day or even several weeks between these two emails. We kindly ask for your patience during this time, as it does not mean that we have lost or forgotten about your radio. Summer repairs tend to run longer due to a larger influx of repairs due to EMP events (lightning or nearby lightning as example).

Our support technicians receive a high volume of emails inquiring about the status of radios, which can impact their ability to promptly repair and return your device. While we continue to explore ways to address these "where is my radio" inquiries, we have not yet found a solution that would not affect our repair process or require additional funding. Implementing such a solution would either result in increased costs for radios or repairs.

We genuinely appreciate your understanding and patience throughout this process. Rest assured, our team is dedicated to resolving any issues with your radio and returning it to you as soon as possible.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out. We are here to assist you.

Thank you for your ongoing patience and support.

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭
    Options

Flex has had my my Flex 6400M since June 20, 2023 and no word on what is wrong with it or when I can expect it back, If you could see your rig moving through the que it might give you a feeling of progress. A big problem is that FIFO is not entirely accurate because warranty and special response work takes priotiy over non-warranty work. In essence an out of warranty rig could be getting bumped back for weeks. My honest experience with Flex Radio is that the rigs are excellent when working, but they incur too many problems for the price. This Maestro EULA problem was not caused by anything I did (poor design?), yet I am the one paying for it, and Flex takes no ownership of the problem unless the rig is under warranty. I've owned a good many rigs and have never had as many issues with any of them that I have with my Flex. I thought I was purchasing the cream of the crop, but it turned out to be sour milk and hype. I am not pleased with Flex Radio at all and would not recommend purchasing one knowing what I know now. I probably shouldn't post this while Flex still has my radio, but I'm not going to hold back and I don't think others should either. 

Pete K1OYQ

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi Pete

No, it is FIFO in most cases. Warranty work does not take priority. Could there be an exception? Yes, that is possible.

I have passed on your message to the Service manager, and I know it will be reviewed by him.

Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience. Part of the delay may be related to FlexRadio being close for a number of days last week due to the July 4th holidays.

• Butch
    Butch Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I'm in the same boat. FRS received my 6700 about 2 weeks ago. I received an email on July 5th stating it was on the test bench, but no word since.

Butch, KF4HR

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭
    Options

At least yours made it to the bench. Lord only know where mine is. I'm battling pancreatic cancer and losing, so I'm anxious to get it back and use it for whatever time I have left to enjoy it. I tried to sell it before sending it in. I offered a decent price all considered, and I was up front that it worked, but needed to go back to the factory for "Reimaging". No one wanted to touch it. I haven't been holding back on blasting FRS, and I burn them at every turn in the road with the poor history of firmware updates that don't seem to fix anything and cause more issues. I guess pay backs are H*!!. I can only imagine what the cost is going to be ;-)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.