Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Add the Tuner Genius PTT OUT to the Band Settings panel.

Options
K5CG
K5CG Member ✭✭

I recently added a Tuner Genius XL to my shack with a Flex 6600 transceiver and a Gemini DX1200 linear amplifier. I was using the RCA TX1 output as the PTT for the amplifier so that I could have the amplifier PTT and "exciter" RF power out set to a lower drive level by a profile selection. Going back to a barefoot profile would just not key the amp but at higher power.

After inserting the TGXL into the line I had to move the PTT for the amplifier to the PTT OUT of the TGXL. This was the only way to prevent the linear from keying during a TGXL tune cycle.

It also meant that could no longer use the RCA TX1 output as an option in Band Settings to prevent me from keying the amplifier accidentally at full power from the 6600. At least, I haven't found a way to do that.

I described this problem and an interlock solution that I am going to build here.

Feature Request: In a perfect world, there would be an additional column of checkboxes for the PTT OUT on the TGXL in the Band Settings of SmartSDR so that I could selectively key the PTT OUT (to the amplifier) from a profile and still exclude it from a Tune cycle of the TGXL. Another option would be to add a setting to the TGXL software to mirror one of the existing RCA TX# outputs so I could use it as before.

Thanks

Danny

2 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• K1ESE
    K1ESE Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I put a SPST in the amp keyline. It sits next to my keyboard. I just need to remember to switch it off when the TGXL tunes.

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    Options

For that matter I could manually put the amp in standby mode. I still want control from SmartSDR.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.