Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

TGXL PTT (yet again)

Options
K5CG
K5CG Member ✭✭
edited June 2023 in Tuner Genius XL

I jut took delivery of my TGXL (1x3).

I have a Gemini DX1200 linear amplifier and currently I use the TX1 out from the 6600 as the PTT line to the amp so that I can control if it keys or not by simply selecting a transmit profile (band settings) where TX1 is either on or off.

I also use a foot switch for phone modes connected to the PTT in on the 6600.

I found that when I selected the "AMP ON" profile and I pressed the tune button on the TGXL it the amp would key (presumably from the TX1 output).

Do I have to loop the TX1 output through the TGXL PTT IN and PTT OUT to the amp PTT in to prevent it from keying during tune?

How would that affect the footswitch? or VOX operation?

Comments

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    Options

The best solution I have found is to have the TGXL use LAN for PTT, connect the TGXL PTT OUT to the PTT IN of the amplifier and the footswitch connected to the PTT IN on the 6600.

If I want to be able to inhibit the PTT of the amplifier with the TX1 output (so that TX profiles can enable/disable it) I'm going to have to build a interface to interrupt the PTT signal at the amp.

It would be nice to be able to have a setting in SmartSDR for the TGXL PTT OUT in the band settings where you could enable/disable it by TX profile.

It would also be nice to have the TUNE button in SmartSDR for do a tune cycle on the TGXL if configured for that port (any internal tuner bypassed).

It should be possible since they are all talking to each other.

• K5CG
    K5CG Member ✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

This is probably a feature request so I will submit it as such soon. I can see a solution where any one of the RCA TX# outputs could be mapped to the same state as the PTT output of the TGXL. It could be used to key an external amplifier based on settings in Band Settings so it would be saved in Transmit profiles but would behave the same was as the TGXL and NOT key the amplifier during a tune cycle. In the meantime, I have come up with a little circuit that I am going to try out.

I welcome comments ideas or corrections.

Danny

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.