Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

ethernet switch issues

Options

I just moved my 6400 to a shop in the backyard which is connected to the router via a 8 port switch. My radio no longer shows up. Can't remove the switch without bringing all other ethernet services down. From what I am reading, one option is to purchase a different switch? Can I just use smartlink to connect over the Internet? I'll be operating from the shop directly connected to the flexradio for some types of operations (CW).

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

@Keith Mitchell

We can help diagnose this pretty quickly.

Can you tell us the IP address of the radio and the IP address of the client you are trying to use? If you can tell us that first, we can help get to the root cause.

This should not be a switch issue at all.

Also, what is the Client you are trying to use? This could be as simple as the Firewall in your laptop blocking the communications.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.