Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

New radio not visible on network

Options
Pat Hamp
Pat Hamp Member ✭✭

I bet this is simple and I just couldn't find the right post. Just received my 6400 used replacing a 6300. Up and running, works on the network switch, Maestro in my home office room sees it on the network. But the Win 11 machine on the same network in the same room doesn't see the radio. I have updated the name and call on the 6400 downloaded latest software. Reset the two switches and also the radio. No luck. Is there something I needed to do as to registration of the used radio that needs to be done?

Thanks Pat de KA4VNM

Comments

• Ted  VE3TRQ
    Ted VE3TRQ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Is the Win11 firewall blocking traffic? Maybe try turning off the firewall on the PC. Is the whole network wired, or is some of it WiFi? If so, could that be segmenting the network?

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
    Options

On the W11 PC also check that Network Discovery is on. If it isn't, other network devices such as the 6400 are not likely to be found.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

To help focus your findings, this is not a radio issue, but likely a Windows Firewall/Network setting.

Windows turns on its Firewall by default, so this is where you need have a look. This is what we find 99% of the time:

• Windows firewall is on for LAN and WAN connections
    • Windows marks your LAN Port (the hardware) as Public and not Private. When it makes it Public, it things you are sitting in a StarBucks using their WiFi. Public means that most LAN connections are blocked. This is why you can't 'hear' the radio broadcasting on the Network

If this is a bit foreign, you can always open a support ticket and we can work on it with you.

• Pat Hamp
    Pat Hamp Member ✭✭
    Options

Thanks everyone! So, it ends up this was isolated to one computer of the 3 in my home "office". Seems the despite giving the Antivirus/ Firewall an exception, it was still blocking the Flex "network." I changed out the virus software and bingo it works fine now. What was interesting was the other two machines in the room were running the same virus software but WIN 10 and they had no problem, only the WIN 11 machine was bouncing the Flex.

It's up and working now and I can glance at FT8 running and have flags set up for new Zones and countries and can just roll my chair over and nail them. By the way, I tried both cabled ethernet and wireless and it was still blocking. I am again happy and also have my New Used 6400 working just great. Now all I need is to make or purchase a 4 pin Headset adapter to work with my Clear Com headset and a foot switch and I'm cookin' with gas as they say. Only thing I'm waiting on is my antenna tuner from Flex.

73 Pat

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Pat

I am glad you got it figured out.

Dave wo2x

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.