Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Maestro sharing

VE3GRG
VE3GRG Member ✭✭

I have two 6400's 200+ miles apart and I would like to know if I can share (physically) one Maestro between them? One radio is version 2 software and the other is V 3 software. Any help appreciated. Thank you John VE3GRG

Best Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Yes, you can, but it will make your life a lot easier if the radios are at the same version. You will have to choose which version to run on the Maestro when you connect to the radio and that can take 1-4 minutes to download and change.

You can't use both radios at the same time.

You can upgrade your V2 radio to V3, or downgrade your V3 radio to the latest v2 version of SmartSDR. When you move from V3 to V2, you give up MultiFlex and SmartControl. But, other than that, the software is the same.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓

Good points. Then, downgrade your one V3 radio to V2, which you can do for free and there is no concern doing that.

Install v2.9.2 on both of them. Your Maestro will update to that version automatically.

You will have to be at the actual radio location with a PC to make the software changes to the radios. You will only have to do it once.

Answers

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

I'm not an 'expert' on this as I don't have a Maestro, but my gut tells me no -- not with radios running on two different versions of the software. If they were both on the same version, then yes, you'd be able to simply select which radio to connect to.

But, since I believe there are firmware components within the maestro itself, the unit needs to be on the same level as the radio.

• VE3GRG
    VE3GRG Member ✭✭

I'm not sure what Multiflex and SmartControl actually do. They may be of little or no value to me. I enjoy Flex because it offers a menu without several million button pushes. If I told you I still keep a paper log I would be telling you a lot about how I use my Flex radios. Thank you both for your help it has aided me in a decision.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.