Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Can the Maestro disconnect a SmartSDR session?

minorsecond
minorsecond Member, Unconfirmed ✭✭

Let's say I go on a trip but forgot I had SmartSDR running on my PC. Can I disconnect the SmartSDR session and "take over" with the Maestro? This functionality exists with the iOS and macOS SmartSDR software, so I'm sure you can do it with the Maestro but I haven't figured it out yet.

Is this possible?

Tagged:

Comments

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Yes, you can do it from the Maestro.

Dave wo2x

• minorsecond

How? When I've connected before (with SmartSDR running), the Maestro connects as normal but won't create a slice. I don't see an option to disconnect the PC.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I don't think you can if you are in session with the radio already. I looked and couldn't find it.

You can use FRStack to force a disconnect from a specific client and it will terminate the client connection you wish.

• minorsecond

I will probably just use the SmartSDR iOS app to disconnect before attempting the connection from the Maestro. Not sure why this idea didn't come to me before posting this.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Ah, that is a different answer.

If you connect to a radio with a Maestro, you should be able to force a disconnect from another client.

(I am not in a position to test this at the moment).

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

From the Maestro currently operating, if you want to disconnect another client, you would tap Menu, then Radio, then switch radio. Exit out to the Info/Operate/SmartLink Setup screen. There will be a fourth choice Disconnect, which will allow you to disconnect a different client.

If you connect with the Maestro and there are no slices available, you will be prompted if you want to disconnect another client.

From SmartSDR to disconnect a Maestro, you would click Settings/ChooseRadio-SmartLink Setup and it will pop up a window showing The other client connected where you can click it to highlight it, click Disconnect, then close the pop up window.

Dave wo2x

• Mike-VA3MW

When you start the Maestro, you get this menu:

Highlight the station you want to Disconnect and touch Disconnect

This allows you to disconnect a remote station from a Maestro

• KM4CQG
    KM4CQG Member ✭✭

I operate like this all the time.

No issues disconnecting the primary station and logging in with the Maestro.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.