Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Flex Website partially working

Options
Wayne VK4ACN
Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
edited June 2023 in Networking

Is anyone having trouble with the FlexRadio website? Looking under accessories, i get a ? Instead of pictures. 

Under documentation for 6500 rack mount I try to download pdf and i get ‘safari can’t open the page because the server can’t be found’. Flex community wasn’t working but is now working. Anyone else seeing this? I was trying to download pdf of 6500 rack mount

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi Wayne, the site is working FB for me here in the US.

• Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Thanks. There’s problems somewhere. Now i cant get into the Flex website at all.

Safari can’t open the page because the server can’t be found

On iphone, ipad and pc

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Wayne, I did post a similar question on the FB group some time ago. The repsonse were that I had DNS problems. I have seen various parts of the Flex pages beeing unreachable and "Server Not Found" and then magically reappear, community pages were "AWOL" but came back a few days later . But for some time I cannot reach the documents pages, i.e. anything stored on the edge.flexradio.com domain, so no more documentations or product bulletins for me.

Short update: I cannot reach https://www.flexradio.com/ that I could a few minutes ago... I do get Server Not Found. I even used the history link on my browser that did work 15 minutes ago.

/Lasse SM5GLC

• Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Lasse

i had exactly that yesterday. It seems to be ok now. For how long? Maybe it’s fixed

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Wayne, it is for certain a DNS related problem. I tried to read the release notes of the new SSDR, and got a server not found message. Switched my laptop over to use internet over my 4G phone, and the pages came right up. What is interesting is that we see this very same issue even if we are on the opposite side of the gobe, and pretty sure we do not use the same DNS servers :)

• Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I’ve got the problem back again. I can’t download the new update for Flex because i get server not found message. Something amiss somewhere. If i go to flexradio.com i get server not found. This is the only website i seem to have problems with.

• Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Interesting. I’m using iPhone. I went off wifi to mobile data and website came up. Im using an eero. I hope its not blocking. Why would it?

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Wayne, I have no answer. I am sure those IT-gurus can come up with a viable explanation. I just resign and use my phone as a hotspot when things go nuts.

• AA1SS
    AA1SS Member ✭✭
    Options

Working fine here for me. All pages no issues . . . Are you using a VPN . . . Try turning it off

• Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

I think it must be my Isp. At work on their wifi no problems I don’t use VPN

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    Options

This issue seems to have resurfaced once again! I seems to be able to connect if I flush the DNS cache in my router. The question is WHY do I have to do this? This is the ONLY site that I have encountered with this issue. Others do report seeing this problem. And it can be hard to report if you cannot load the community page or log into the help desk :) Blaming on "my" ISP, may not be fair as those beeing hit are scattered over the globe.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi Lasse

I passed this over to our Web team and they don't see an issue after some testing. They can't find a problem and, yes, they did look.

• Lasse SM5GLC
    Lasse SM5GLC Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 2023
    Options

Yes it is an odd problem indeed. Right now I can (obviously) reach the community, but cannot d/l any documents (i.e. PDF) from Flexradio.com. I get a "Server cannot be found" And "Cannot connect to server on edge.flexradio.com" message, despite having flushed the router cache which sometimes work. Tested with both Edge and Firefox, with same result.

Now trying to down load s/w... anything on the list above SSDR 2.8.1seems to be available, but every item (i.e. not just SSDR but Power Genus etc) from 2.8.1 and lower on list I get a connect error!! Maybe you have removed the older s/w and forgot to remove the links?

And as you may have seen on the FB group, there are others that sees similiar things.

If there is anything more I can dig into from my side just let me know.

/Lasse SM5GLC

• Wayne VK4ACN
    Wayne VK4ACN Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I think I had this problem this morning. It seems to occur here regularly, in VK. Flex website and the community are the only websites I seem to have problems with. Could be with others I dont visit though.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Our hosting company ( a very BIG company) had some issues with routing yesterday.

We were not the only customers affected. We use these professionals as they do it very well and our web site is replicated worldwide on a variety of servers. This is pretty common today with commercial hosting.

We have been told it is all ok now and from checking their status page, it seems fine.

• Brian286
    Brian286 Member
    Options
    Here in UK I keep getting This site can’t be reached
    Check if there is a typo in www.flexradio.com.

Try:
    Running Windows Network Diagnostics

Changing DNS over HTTPS settings

DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

Check your DNS over HTTPS settings
    Go to Opera > Preferences… > System > Use DNS-over-HTTPS instead of the system’s DNS settings and check your DNS-over-HTTPS provider.

In this DNS setting I have tried default Cloudfare & Google Public DNS neither work

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.