Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Does anyone know how to delete older firmware versions on a 6400M?

Options

Does anyone know how to remove older firmware versions on the 6400M Front Panel? I'm receiving various EULA agreement messages along with Maestro Disk Full errors. The problem is intermittent and the radio will still operate using SSDR. the rig Front Panel is switching back and forth between "Maestro" and "Front Panel" modes. Also, what is "reimaging" of the front panel? I opened a help ticket and FRS wants me to return the rig for repair. I hate to spend that kind of money only to find out it is a software issue. The EULA errors is a known issue for both the 6400M and 6600M. How long has FRS known about this and how many units are effected? What is causing the problem. Is there any way to fix this without shipping it back to FRS? FRS won't say anything except they are aware of the issue and send it in. Poor service in my opinion.

Answers

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My 6600M just returned from Flex Radio for a similar problem. Reimaging fixed it. Reimaging is reloading the Windows OS in the front panel as well as the Maestro software. It is basically formatting the storage media in the front panel, adding the customized version of Windows and the Maestro version of SmartSDR. By doing that, any corrupt bits are corrected.

The image is customized in such a way that you won't see the normal Windows starting screen like you would on a regular pc, tablet or laptop. It also prevents Windows Update from automatically updating and causing problems. Only Flex Radio can add Windows updates if they are needed. There is no other way to reimage the front panel other than sending the radio to Flex Radio Service. It's worth it to have them do it for several reasons. They can apply any hardware updates if needed. And they also do a Calibration as well.

I would suggest sending it in. The problem you are having won't get better.

James

WD5GWY

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    edited June 2023
    Options

Forgot to mention, only Flex Radio can remove the older versions of the firmware from the radio. They have in the past removed older, outdated versions. Having older versions available makes rolling back easier if a new version causes unforseen problems.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

The disk full messages are not related to the firmware. They take up no space at all.

Engineering is investigating this.

• Rick N4RZ
    Rick N4RZ Member ✭✭✭
    Options

My 6600M is also experiencing the issue described by Pete La where the name changes on the front panel to Maestro periodically from the value set in the Front Panel Menu. Also, the starting frequency/mode comes up as 14100/USB.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Rick, the problem you are experiencing is a known software defect. My 6600M has the same problem. I have it on good authority that the fix will be in v3.5.x when it is released. The problem is a timing issue on shutdown and last band and frequency used is not being properly saved on shutdown. Then,when you start the radio again, it doesn't find the last band used. So, it goes to the default band and frequency of 20 meters and 14.100 Mhz. I am looking forward to getting this problem resolved.

James

WD5GWY

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.