Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Continual quick flashing blue logo on Flex 6400

Options
Today I was using the 6400 - with the current SmartSDR version - when an error message came up stating the connection was lost to the Flex. I then noticed the waves on the front of the 6400 were flashing blue. I tried the reset - holding down power button until it turned white - but it had no effect. I physically removed DC power. Let it sit for at least two minutes. As soon as I restored DC power, the flashing immediately started. I checked the power supply and the Internet connection. No issues. I looked online and found a reference indicating the unit is trying to lock onto GPS (?). I don't see why it would want to suddenly do that. Of course, the unit is not showing up in SmartSDR. Thanks.
Tagged:

Answers

• Mike Steventon
    Mike Steventon Member ✭✭✭
    Options

HI. You could do a lot worse than send an equiry to Tim at Flex.

I am not sure that his listing below answers your question??..........

Tim - W4TME Administrator, FlexRadio Employee admin

July 2013 edited December 2016

The Power LED color and blink state indicate the operational state of the radio hardware SOLID BRIGHT RED = Transmitting on PA SOLID ORANGE = Transmitting on XVTR port with low power SOLID DIM RED = Transmit engaged, interlocks not resolved (will not emit RF) SOLID PURPLE = Updating software FLASHING YELLOW = GPS in warmup SOLID YELLOW = GPS in holdover (lost satellites) SHORT FLASH BLUE = GPS locking LONG FLASH BLUE = GPS in hold phase mode SOLID BLUE = GPS locked SOLID GREEN = Receive SOLID AMBER = Radio off, GPS powered for stability FLASHING RED "S" = Flashing a Morse "S" in Red indicates boot failure OFF = Radio off, oscillators off NOTE: The FLEX-6700R does not have the Transmit Indicator (Solid RED) 

• NJ1Q
    NJ1Q Member
    Options
    Hi Mike,

I made brief reference to this in my question. I don't understand why it would suddenly just want to lock onto GPS when I was merely using it to receive. And why did it kick itself off the server and not allow me to access it at all. If nothing else, I would think the reset would allow access again. Right now, the 6400 is a "flashing blue" paper weight.
  • KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

I would submit a help desk ticket.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

If you have a GPSDO installed, it is constantly updating regardless if you are in TX or RX.

• NJ1Q
    NJ1Q Member
    Options
    The GPSDO isn't installed. This whole "quick flashing blue" thing just decided to occur. Apparently, no rhyme or reason.
  • Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I believe the OP stated that it is the "Waves" logo flashing.

Everyone seems to be referring to the power button...

• NJ1Q
    NJ1Q Member
    Options
    Hi.

Yes, the Waves logo is continually flashing blue.

Joe

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.