Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

I forgot what is the difference between vers 2 and vers 3

I have been running version 2 on my 6400M and forgot what version 3 will do that I can't do with version 2.

Please advise as I don't do remote access to the Flex. ****, I don't even know how to turn it on remotely. So what can I do with version 3?

Answers

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

I like SmartControl in V3. It allows you to control SmartSDR with the knobs and buttons on the front of the M model. If you like the look of SmartSDR with the feel of the knobs and buttons, V3 is for you. See Sec. 11 of the 6400M/6600M user guide.

It’s pretty easy to turn the radio on and off remotely. if I can do it, you can do it.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Rick, if you have a V3 license you can test V3 if you like and move back to v2 if required.

V3 brings you MultiFlex and SmartControl.

SmartLink is part of V2 and V3.

Other than that, the code is identical.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.