Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any substantial value to Flex 6000 series extended warrantee ?

Opinions on the extended warranty offer Flex provides ? I normally decline extended warrantee offers . I see that Flex will provide up to 4 years coverage , for a fee. I have owned all Flex transceivers from 1500 to 6400 and never had a single problem with the hardware . Never a trip back to Texas. Now I have a 6600 due to arrive (Fed Ex says today, I suspect tomorrow now ) and I received an email reminding me of the extended offer.

Andy K3UK

Answers

• w0pd
    w0pd Member ✭✭

If it were me, I would buy the extended warranty. I have done so in the past. My radios are now out of warranty, and if I could buy the extended warranty, I would. I think it is a good investment. You may never use it, but if you have the need for the warranty, it is great to have.

Mike

W0PD

• Andrew O'Brien
    Andrew O'Brien Member ✭✭✭

I have found the Flex staff to be decent and honorable... but when I read what is NOT covered , what defense do we have if some future Flex staffer says the hardware issue was caused by poor cabling or some CAT software ?

"This Extended Limited Hardware Warranty as it pertains to the transceiver or radio components does not cover repair or damage caused by

snip...

(5) the incorrect installation of any and all cables connected to the radio by the user; (6) the use of third-party software applications or hardware that directly or indirectly controls radio functions and/or operating state by utilizing a communication or control protocol, such as, but not limited to CAT or I2C commands, TCP/IP commands, or (7) random acts of nature such as flood, fire, water, weather related storm, lightning or electrostatic discharge damage."

• Al_NN4ZZ
    Al_NN4ZZ Member ✭✭✭

My 6700 was out of warranty when it was damaged by lightning last October. And while the warranty would not cover that anyway, the support staff wrote a comprehensive letter that explained that it was damaged by an electrical surge (lightning). My insurance company accepted that letter and paid for a replacement.

I think for the "random acts of nature" their help with the explanation for the insurance company is what would be desired and is appreciated. By the way, I also just got the warranty email today and purchased the extended warranty for my 6600.

Regards, Al / NN4ZZ

al (at) nn4zz (dot) com

6600 SSDR V3.4.21

TGXL 1.1.16

PGXL 3.7.28

Win10 Pro V2004

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

As you may have noticed, we have a special going on for those who purchased radios in the last 6 months to extend their warranty on the FLEX-6600 and Power Genius XL. Normally, it is limited to 30 days after purchase.

If you purchased one of those items and you didn’t receive an email, please email us at sales@flexradio.com and we will look into it for you.

If you unsubscribed from FlexRadio emailings, you would not have received a notification about this special.

• Neil D Friedman N3DF
    Neil D Friedman N3DF Member ✭✭✭✭

If you are worried about bad faith by Flex in dishonoring the extended warranty, why buy a radio from such a company in the first place?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.