Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

On a Flex 6500 what is the input impedance of the 10 MHz IN (is it internally 50 ohms to gnd)

Options
allanmryan
allanmryan Member
I'm trying to trouble shoot an external 10 MHz GPS disciplined oscillator. Measuring the unterminated RCA male I get 2.2 V P-P square(ish) wave. If there is an internal 50 ohms to ground, connecting the cable to the 6500 will cut that voltage in half and be marginal.
Thoughts?
Al Ryan
WW1RF
Tagged:

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

The 10Mhz input will accept a square or sine wave. The impedance is somewhere between 50 and 70 ohms if I remember correctly.

You can safely plug it in a test it. I have tried a few different 10Mhz references and they all seem to work just fine.

Answers

• N5DUP
    N5DUP Member ✭✭
    Options

Wait a minute, I thought the 10 MHz jack on my 6400 was a 10 MHz reference OUTPUT if you have the Flex GPSDO, not an INPUT. Am I wrong?

Paul-N5DUP

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Paul, there is a 10 MHz input labelled 10 MHz In. If you have a Flex internal GPSDO installed, then you will also have a 10 MHz Out jack. If you don't have the Flex GPSDO, then the 10 MHz Out port has a metal plug in it.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.