Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Has anyone gotten a 'Lost Connection to the Internet' then have no signal on any slices?

Options

Hi All,

Was using my 6400 tonight, and out of nowhere, "Lost Connection to the Internet". When my software reconnected, it showed connected but there was nothing on either slices. I rebooted the 6400, rebooted the PC, restarted the Software - and it was like that for a while. I powered down the 6400 and power supply for a bit and it came back.

* note* While the 6400 wasnt showing anything on the slices, dax, etc. I tried connecting with my smartsdr on my cell phone and had audio, signal, etc. Does that make ANY sense?

Thanks,

Adam N1AH

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

What version of SmartSDR?

Was this a local or SmartLink connection?

• n1ah
    n1ah Member ✭✭
    Options

Hi Mike!

It was the latest 3.4.23 via Smartlink. If theres anything I can provide you please let me know. I have a pretty solid connection to the station, typically 20ms. It was very unusual to restart the flex several time, connect fine via smartlink but no activity on the panadapters/dax/etc (even though my cell phone connected with SmartSDR just fine. Maybe just a hiccup?

Thanks,

Adam N1AH

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

When you using SmartLink, you have a lot of players moving data from the radio to the end.

There are 2 parts. The streaming audio part, which is sent as a UDP stream (we call them fire and forget missiles in case you are not network savvy). UDP packets move fastest but are also the first packets dropped by ALL the switches in the path should there be some sort of bottle neck.

The 2nd part is the TCP packets and these are the command and control messages used to control the VFO, etc.

What makes it hard and frustrating for everyone is the 'cloud' part. We assume it all works perfectly, but it doesn't. Since restarting the radio or the client doesn't seem to resolve it, then we can start to assume it isn't the client or the radio as restarting it might have resolved it.

HF Radio is great for showing some network weaknesses I have found.

I don't have a good answer as to why. Yesterday I was on an 80M net from my car with 5G. For part of the time, it was amazing. But, there were times it was really bad. I'm pretty confident the problem was on my end since I can use the radio for hours on end on non-cellular with SmartLink (ie: home). I guess I will have to blame my Cellular company.

• n1ah
    n1ah Member ✭✭
    Options

Makes sense! If it were to happen again, is there anything I can capture to help troubleshoot what might have happened?

(FYI I have never had so much enjoyment out of a radio as I do my flex. It is. The. Best.)

Thanks for the info!

Adam

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.