Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How can RX/TX with 2 separate 6m antenna ??

Options

I'll start out with a simple what I'd like to do , is it possible ?

I have 2 towers with a 6m beam on each one . I'd like to receive on both antennas at the same time, same freq and mode but say different slices , different ports (PortA or PortB) or even 2 separate Flex Radios ? Then TX on the one of choice without overloading the other . This may be simple or can't be done ? I'll ask and not experiment.

This is what I have to work with : Flex 6600 , Flex 6500 , 2 Amps . One of the amps has 2 inputs . Both 6m antennas feedline come into the shack. The antennas are to close to use FDX on the 6600 .

This may be as simple as connecting one amp and ant to port A . Then connecting the other amp and ant to port B ?

I'm sure I'm leaving something out , I'll be on the lookout for any questions .

My Grandkids are not here to ask , thanks Ed

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi Ed

On a 6600, this would be easy. You would have one Panadapter opened on ANT1 and the other on ANT2.

As for FDX on the 6600, are you getting overload messages at all from SmartSDR? If you are overloading a front end, you will receive messages even if the VFO is not on the operating frequency.

You may want to consider just grounding the none TX feedline while in TX on the other side. You can do this using our BIT cables.

Mike

• Ed Stallman
    Ed Stallman Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike thanks reply . I'm using a Bit cable along with an 8 channel relay board to switch to the correct antenna . I'm only using 6 of the 8 relays so have 2 not in use . I also have 2 each double pole single throw coaxial relays that will handle the power .

Thanks , this is the info I was looking for

Ed

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.