Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Troubleshooting Remote Laptop Setup on Flex 6600 for Gaming Laptop

Options
Hello everyone,

I am reaching out to the forum with regards to an issue I am currently experiencing in setting up my gaming laptop [https://www.lenovo.com/ca/en/d/gaming-laptops] remotely on my Flex 6600. I have tried a few different methods, but so far, I have not been successful in getting the remote setup to work as intended.

I have followed the instructions provided by the manufacturer and ensured that all software and firmware are up to date. However, whenever I try to connect remotely, I am not able to get the audio or video to work correctly, and the connection is unstable.

I am using a high-speed internet connection with plenty of bandwidth, so I do not believe that the issue lies there. I have also tried different settings for the audio and video, but none of them have solved the problem.

I would appreciate any advice or suggestions that the forum members may have regarding this issue. I am open to trying new methods or tools to get the remote setup to work as intended.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,

Judy

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi Judy

There are a number of issues that need to look further on:

• What is the bandwidth of the internet of your upload/download?
    • You might want to run some buffer bloat tests (you can google buffer bloat). This can affect your audio quality
    • Based on what you are saying, it sounds like you you are dropping data packets
    • Is there any WiFi involved?
    • You said that it isn't a bandwidth issue, but that is an assumption. How do you know for sure? This is something that needs to be confirmed 100% since it is such a key part of the solution.

That is just some ideas of areas that we need to look deeper into.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Judy, how are you connecting remotely? Is it with smartlink?

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.