Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Tired of " logbook source does not exist" I'm looking for new logbook

Hello

I really wanted to do EABPSK63 contest today.....thanks to HRD logbook ...I got frustrated,

after years of using and paying this software I got tired

Any piece of advise for a new logbook?

Thanks

I appreciate it

George

YV5WZ / KK9L / HC1OOT / PY3ZZZ

Tagged:

Comments

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi George, I am only a casual contester, but I like the N3FJP logger. It works very well with my Flex 6400, and I have never had a problem with it. I don't know if it has all the features that you need, but it is worth taking a look at. They maintain a custom log for most of the big contests, and the data is easily transferrable back to your main station log.

I have never used N1MM, but I suggest taking a look at that one as well. It seems like most "serious" contesters use it.

• YV5WZ
    YV5WZ Member ✭✭

Len 👍️Thank you very much!! I'm just looking for it after reading your comment.....thanks.. I will look at it now!

Great week-end

George

• Craig_KØCF
    Craig_KØCF Member ✭✭✭

For contesting, N1MM+ is tops. Very well supported by an enthusiastic team with new releases every Tuesday. It supports virtually all contests, and has the capability for custom contests as well. It is totally free.

For daily logging and DX award tracking, DXLab is superb. It is also free and very well supported. The author is Dave, AA6YQ, and the program has a very active user community. Dave is always there to answer any questions. It does have a learning curve, because it does so much, but it is definitely worth the effort!

73, Craig KØCF

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭

N3FJP

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

For daily & DX log, I use N3FJP AC Log. you can purchase the main logging program for $30 USD. I like it as it connects to the radio via Flex API and supports QRZ, LoTW, eQSL, and ClubLog along with built in DX cluster.

DX Labs Suite is also very good and free. It is a lot more configurable and has more features, but more involved to set up. Great support.

What I don’t like about DX Labs is having all the pieces of the program open in separate windows instead of one. Also HRD having to run the main GUI program. No need for that window to control the radio if you have SmartSDR. Just little nit picks of how I set up my PC.

Also worth mentioning is another free program called Log4OM. Again not as easy as AC Log to set up but a pretty loyal following.

For contests I use N1MM+ but have paid the extra $20 for the AC Log contest specific programs. I am just so used to using N1MM+ though.

One thing I do miss about HRD Logbook is the WSI in the cluster window. WSI is the worked status indicator and could visually show you if you needed a station for new country, new country (DXCC), new country for that band (band slot for challenge award) or new band for that station’s call.

A lot of the paid programs give you a trial period to test them out. Note - if you do work new contacts when testing programs, don’t forget to export the contacts so they can be imported to your main program :-)

Last, for MAC I have MAC Logger DX for general logging. I have also dabbled with Skookum Log. I have not spent a lot of time with either. Just enough to get them up and running as my PC is my primary computer.I do need to use the MAC more.

Dave wo2x

• John K3MA
    John K3MA Member ✭✭

A couple of other options for your consideration. Log4OM v2 is good for the general logging of QSO's. I moved from HRD to DXLabs to Log4OM for all the reasons Dave WO2X mentions.

A little more on the bleeding edge and not really for logging is the SDC software that might provide the extra enhancement you like for contest workflow and decoding/server functions CW/digital. I have just started using the SDC software and the developer seems to be actively engaged in evolving and enhancing the functionality. So if you want plug and play it might not be a good option for you at this time.

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

I use N1MM for contesting and then load the ADIF into HRD Logbook. I've been doing it this way for decades without an issue.

• VE7ATJ_Don
    VE7ATJ_Don Member ✭✭✭

BTW, Log4OM has a 'contest mode' as well. I haven't used it but it may work for you, then you wouldn't have two separate programs and have to integrate the logs....

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.