Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

6600M Smart Control Front Panel Screen and controls frozen

Options

Have just started up a new to me Flex 6600M and was testing in Smart Control Mode with the 6600M on the desk beside my 55in monitor running SmartSDR V3.4.21 on both Windows 10 computer and 6600M. All started out well but after a short time, I found that the front display and controls on the 6600M were frozen and no changes were possible. However, at the same time, all operations were still working on the Windows 10 SmartSDR interface.

I tried to shut down the 6600M with the power button and it changed color as expected but the display did not shut down. Finally, I had to do a hard shutdown and remove DC power which seem to bring operations back to normal on reboot.

Before I give Smart Control Mode another try to see if I can duplicate the problem I wanted to check if anyone else might have had the same issue and know a solution to prevent it.

Here are a couple of videos I took on my Google Drive to show the issue.

John K3MA

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I created a support ticket for this.

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭
    Options

Yes, I have experienced the failure to shutdown twice so far on my 6400M since installing ver. 3.4.21. I put in a ticket and performed a master reset. It hasn't done it since. Still watching it closeley.

Pete K1OYQ

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.