Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Split not working in SSB Mode

Options

I seen this posted as a work around to get split to work in SSB . I gave it a try and not working for me . I'm using a Flex 6600 . Anyone with this issue have a way to use Split in SSB ?

The not working work around

Set A to TX
PTT => <RF>  (slice A always produces RF)
Close B
Open B or Split
Set B to TX
PTT => <RF>  (Yay!)

Thanks

Comments

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭
    Options

I installed 3.4.21 a couple of days after it came out. I tried to recreate no RF in slit mode issue again today on my 6400M and I experienced the following. When I go to split operations in USB mode with VOX on I get no audio out on Slice B and the mic doesn't respond and no PTT. I don't get any RF out using the foot switch either. Sometimes I can get it to work if I turn the VOX on and off, but not always. I experience the same thing if I open a Slice B in VOX and put it in TX, No RF out on B and no mic response and no PTT. If I turn the VOX off and back on, I can see the microphone responding on the level and compression meters (VOX or foot switch), but no RF out. If I go to split operation in CW mode, slice B always produces RF out in TX. If I got to split in USB, splice B will not produce RF out, but if I toggle to CW and then back to USB slice B always produces RF out (VOX and foot switch). Strange behavior. I tried to recreate the issue a couple of days ago and I could not. I always turn the rig and PS off at night. I turn my PC on first and then the PS, wait a few minutes and then turn the rig on.

I have also noticed that the front panel failed to shutdown two different times when turning the rig off since installing V 3.4.21. I don't think these are related.

I'm operating with V 3.4.21 on a 6400M in the SmartContol Mode with SSDR running on a Windows 11 PC. All issues occur the same from the front panel and SSDR screen controls.

Should I put in a trouble ticket or is this now a known issue?

• Ed Stallman
    Ed Stallman Member ✭✭
    Options

Pete La , thanks for reply and suggestion . I toggled to CW and then back to USB in slice B and that did the trick . If that will work every time , I'm fine with that until Flex has a fix .

Thanks Ed

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Thanks, this is a known bug SMART-9161.

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mike, can we get a list of all outstanding known SMART-XXXX bugs? It would be quite helpful. Thank you, dan WA1QZX

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭
    Options

That would also make it easier on the tech staff also. They wouldn't have to answer as many emails. A list of work arounds, if any, would be useful also. I'm quite disappointed that Ver. 3.4.21 introduced new issues in some very fundamental features of the rigs. So much for Flex beta testers. Flex's credibility is out the window.

Pete K1OYQ

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

That is a great idea, however, I can't make it happen. It would be used by our competitors against us.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Mike, in what way would they use it against Flex Radio? I would think being open with your customer base would outweigh any negativity that might be generated by competitors.

It certainly couldn't be any worse than comparing an Icom 7300 to a 6000 Series radio at a major hamfest.

James

WD5GWY

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Just speaking from my business perspective, I would be telling my current and prospective customers “see how many bugs the flex software has! Many haven’t been addressed for years! Do you want to buy into that hornets nest?”.

Which we all have bought into.

• Pete La
    Pete La Member ✭✭
    Options

It follish to think that they don't already know the issues. All they would have to do is subscribe to this community board. Having software bugs isn't the really big issue. The problem is the extended period of time it takes for Flex to fix them , and their inability to prevent putting new ones in the fixes.

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I am thinking of writing a script program to scan all message posts for "SMART-" to capture all current and past identified and registered bugs. It may be possible to reverse engineer the "SMART-XXXX" destinations to build a list of bugs as a reference for all. But, it would require testing latest version to know if the bug has been fixed or not. This is time consuming. But, at least a partial list of the most common bugs we commonly reference would be a step in right direction. When communicating with Flex or others, I prefer to say "I am experiencing SMART-1234 issue, and I would like to understand any common work arounds - rather than re-describing the symptoms of the problem, which is inefficient. Or ask, "what version has this issue been fixed in. Having a list of SMART-XXXX designators for all to communicate with precision would be great.

• Trucker
    Trucker Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Maybe use the Search feature here?

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, using the search feature now. Then a deeper data mining exercise on this forum, groupsIO, FB (official) and FB (unofficial). We will attempt to reverse engineer a partial list, but no guarantees.

• John KB4DU
    John KB4DU Member ✭✭✭✭
    Options

I would be pretty surprised if more than a fraction of the bug list is ever revealed in public comments. Often the comments are just “known bug”.

• Dan Trainor
    Dan Trainor Member ✭✭✭
    Options

That's true John. But it is at least something.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.