Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Any chance of increasing the number of DX Spot layers?

Options
Erik Carling EI4KF
Erik Carling EI4KF Member ✭✭✭
edited February 2023 in SmartSDR for Windows

The one annoying limitation of SmartSDR is that the number of layers for DX Spots to the Pan is limited to 10. I could easily see double that if the software would allow.

An example is below from the 3Y0J pile-up. I hear him work IK0CNA and 599 appears on the Panorama. But I do not see the IK0CNA callsign to be sure of my snap tune of VFO-B is in the right place for my call at the 3Y. I know it must be there but unfortunately it is one of 167 stations hidden behind one of the +xx expandable boxes. These would be much reduced for a better and more efficient CW pile-up operation if, where screen space allows, the SmartSDR user could increase the number of layers.

Erik.

Answers

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

Hi Erik

the short answer is no. But, if you don't mind, can you post this in the New Ideas area? Normally, I would move it, but I am not able to.

Thanks for all your help with the SDC Skimmer.

• Erik Carling EI4KF
    Options

Hi Mike. OK and I have re-posted to the New Ideas area.

Erik.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.