Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

60 Meter Digital Conundrum ??

Options

I have a 6600, v3.3.33 running on Win 10 PC The radio will transmit on all five 60M SSB frequency channels The 60M CW and Digital freq assignments are the same. I am able to transmit on all five channels, if in CW mode, but if I change to DIGU mode, the Tune/MOX buttons are greyed out and I can not transmit with one exception; I am able to do FT8 on Channel 3 but at 5.357. I have the Hi Cut at 2750 and low at 10. As far as I can see the only change I am making is changing the mode, which results in: Can't Tx" .

Hopefully there is a simple solution, but I haven't found it yet. Any suggestions?

73 Paul w2eck

Comments

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    edited February 2023
    Options

This works for 5357.000Khz, which is the FT8 channel.

Next, I tried 5346.500Khz and it was fine as well. I could transmit.

Does that help?

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator
    Options

Hi Paul, I think the problem might be the TX low cut of 10 Hz that you are using. In Mike's example, above, the TX low cut is set to 100 Hz. Try that and see if it works.

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike

No not really. I am trying to do non FT8 Digi, like Olivia. The question is why will SSDR allow me to tx on the 60M channels if I am in CW Mode and not allow on the same freqs when I change to DIGU? ( other then 5357)

73 Paul w2eck

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Options

I was able to take the HPF and set it to 0Hz while in DIGIU on 5346.500Khz and still go into TX.

Paul, what frequency is it not working on?

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    Options

So after some experimentation, here is what I found using my 6600 with SSDR v3.333

The 60 meter digital channels are:

Channel 1: 5332.0 kHz

Channel 2: 5348.0 kHz

Channel 3: 5358.5 kHz

Channel 4: 5373.0 kHz

Channel 5: 5405.0 kHz

The radio will transmit with these DIAL frequencies when in CW mode.

These are the ranges that my 6600 WILL transmit when in DIGU mode:

Channel 1: 5330.4 to 5330.75 kHz

Channel 2: 5346.4 to 5346.75 kHz

Channel 3: 5356.9 to 5337.25 kHz

Channel 4: 5371.4 to 5371.75 kHz

Channel 5: 5403.4 to 5403.75 kHz

Not sure of the rationale of these frequencies and ranges; are they hard-coded in the software or if they are adjustable. Maybe someone can enlighten us on what is going on here??

73 Paul

• Mike VE3CKO
    Mike VE3CKO Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Haven't used FT8 on 5.357 for a few weeks but I remember having to keep TX around 1500hz anything above that would disable xmit. My low cut at 0 and hi cut at 2600

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

I find this graphic helpful:

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

On all 6600 series radios, they are set for transmit only based on the bandwidth and the center frequency.

If you set a total bandwidth that does not fit in the allowable bandwidth, you will not be able to transmit. This is by law. @W2ECK, somehow your radio TX bandwidth was greater than the legal allowed limit.

If you set the Dial frequency as Greg posted above and then keep your bandwidth between 0hz and 3000hz (or 2950hz--I'm not near a radio to test), you'll be good to go.

For Canadians, your expanded 60M coverage will be available in 3.4 once it releases.

• W2ECK
    W2ECK Member ✭✭
    Options

Geoff

A picture is worth a thousand words and yours is just that. I guess I am "visual" guy , but you have solved my mystery. I printed the picture to keep on the desk. Where did you find it ?

73 and thanks to you all have replied

Paul w2eck

• Geoff AB6BT
    Geoff AB6BT Member ✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Paul,

Yes, me to, I like pictures and drawings. Often someone will come to me with a concept of some wiring or layout that they see perfectly clearly. But, when they describe to me in words I have to stop them and ask that they draw a schematic or similar.

In any case that's a personal probllem...

I found that one on Wikipedia and I have printed one as well.

• Dennis Wage
    Dennis Wage Member ✭✭
    Options

Mike,

Are the coders still working overtime like they were in 2022 for a late December release of 3.4?

My audio just sucks on my 6400. Another 6600M user and I have to reboot the radio at least once a day to get rid of audio issues.

Mid summer maybe?

• Mike-VA3MW
    Options

Hi Dennis

Unfortunately, saying "audio sucks" doesn't help me much to provide further guidance.

• TX Audio?
    • RX Audio?
    • Audio from the back of the radio?
    • Audio from a PC -- PC Audio?
    • Are you using SmartLink?
    • SSB or Digital?

Sorry, but I need more of how to recreate your problem.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.