Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

CW Skimmer Server

Does anyone suceeded in running Skimmer Server (NOT CW Skimmer) with Flex 6400.

There are a lot of messages in the forum, but no one says explicity that Skimmer Server can work with Flex and how.

I will appreciate an help in understanding if the integration:

• Panadapter 1 > used by the operator
  • Panadapter 2 / DAX IQ Channel 2 > used by Skimmer Server

is feasible or not (I suspect not).

SDR-Bridge and Slice-Master are OK for CW Skimmer but do not address Skimmer Server (in my understanding).

Thanks, best 73

Alessandro i2sva

Comments

• bahillen
    bahillen Member ✭✭✭

Alessandro

I have run 4 slices of CE Skimmer. What is the advantage or functionality of also running Skimmer Server ?

Bill W9JJB

• Bill,

it work in the background, one instance can monitor more bands, you can connect via telnet using it instead of any dx cluster, getting the real spots and without having any windows/interface to manage...

Very useful in CW Contests; I use it together with a SDRplay RSPduo connected to a spare antenna, but I wanted to consolidate to Flex, if possible.

Alessandro

• K6HN
    K6HN Member ✭✭

Alessandro,

Will the SDRplay provide multiple bands to the skimmer or just one band at a time?

Gary

• Hi Gary,

SDRplay listen to one band at a time, but you can set SkimmmerServer to listen to more than one band and it will switch SDRplay every x time.

Alessandro

• K6HN
    K6HN Member ✭✭
    edited January 2023

Thank you for the info.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.