Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

How to switch the amplifier on automatically when using playback

Hi,

I do use the recording option often but when pressing the playback button, while the transmitter goes on, the amplifier is not activated.

I need to press the foot switch.

I may have missed an option somewhere.

Didier

Answers

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

What amplifies?

How is PTT connected from radio to amp? RCA cable or LAN?

Dave wo2x

• Didier F6DXE
    Didier F6DXE Member ✭✭

Hi Dave,

The amplifier is an home brew around a 3cx1500 and connected to the first RCA available from the Flex6400M

I use a foot switch connected to the Flex for the SSB operations. In CW no need to use the foot switch and I thought that it would be the same when playing back the latest recording but it does not work this way.

Reading back the manual an hour ago, I think that I get the answer. Playing back simply send the recording to the speaker If needed we have to set the transceiver in transmit to send back the message.

Apparently there is no option to send it directly by pressing only the Playback button.

Didier

• David Decoons, wo2x
    David Decoons, wo2x Member, Super Elmer Moderator

without using an API macro, it is a two step process.

• Click MOX or foot switch
    • Click the playback icon

Dave wo2x

• Didier F6DXE
    Didier F6DXE Member ✭✭

This is what I am doing .

I will check the code available and write an API .

On the 3600 and 1500 it was possible to even callback a sound file and transmit but it is not available in the 6000 series.

Thanks

Didier

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

What Dave said is correct. You have to manually put the radio into TX with your Mic or Foot Switch and then hit play. This is the way it is designed to work.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.