Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

program a key on keyboard for MOX

can you program a key on the keyboard to switch the MOX on and off without having to click on MOX with the mouse?

Answers

• Bill AB7AA
    Bill AB7AA Member ✭✭✭

Hi George,

I think that you may already have this. Click on the MOX button once to switch Windows focus. From then on, the space bar will toggle it on/off. Mine does. Problem is that it is not always hot. You must always insure that the focus remains with the MOX button. Hope this helps.

Bill AB7AA

• John WA7UAR
    John WA7UAR Member ✭✭✭

@GeorgeBecknelL — kind of… the space bar will repeat the last command. So if your last command was to click on the MOX button and then click it again to toggle it off, then the space bar can be used to toggle MOX on and off… until you do something else manually. So that’s why I said “kind of” 😉

• KD0RC
    KD0RC Member, Super Elmer Moderator

Hi George, What radio and what software are you using?

I have a Flex 6400 running SmartSDR V 3.3.33. If the SmartSDR control panel has the focus, pressing the spacebar toggles MOX on and off. I don't use this, as I can never be sure where I left the focus. It could be on the main screen, on the logging program, or elsewhere.

FRStack by W3II lets you assign hot keys to the MOX function that will work regardless of current focus. This is your best bet to get what you are looking for (assuming a Flex 6000 series radio).

• using Flex 6400 latest version SmartSDR.
    great comments above.
    i will try the focus and see how it goes.
    i will also look at FRStack.
    thanks for the responses!
    i was hoping i could program a F key to toggle MOX on and off.
  • Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin

Hi George

You can do it with FRStack by assigning a hot key as Len said.

73, Mike

• WX7Y
    WX7Y Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2023

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.