Welcome to the new FlexRadio Community! Please review the new Community Rules and other important new Community information on the Message Board.
If you are having a problem, please refer to the product documentation or check the Help Center for known solutions.
Need technical support from FlexRadio? It's as simple as Creating a HelpDesk ticket.

Do I have a 6300 issue - can't manually initate an ATU tune - hardware failure? software bug?

Options
All,
I am running a Flex-6300 with ATU, using SmartSDR 3.3.33.
I have a new antenna and balun so I'd like to clear any ATU tuning data in SmartSDR and get new ATU settings. As described in the manual, I right clicked on ATU and selected "Clear ATU Memories". Then I get the ATU controls to show as follows:
ATU (dim), Mem (dim), Byp in green.
I then click on ATU, expecting the radio to do a quick ATU tune, as described in the
"Pressing the [greyed ATU] button while in Bypass mode, will initiate a new ATU tuning operation." (Section 28.1.1, "FLEX-6000 Signature Series - SmartSDR for Windows Software User’s Guide Ver 3.1.7 19Sep2019".
Instead the green Byp label disappears, and the ATU is highlighted in blue.

I don't believe the radio has tuned the ATU. I have tried the same process at other frequencies in the band as well as in other bands, with the same results.
At one point, I know the radio behaved differently, showing RF power, and adjusting the ATU in a few seconds.

I am beginning to wonder if my ATU (or something else) has gone bad. Is there a way to get the "raw' ATU setup values? I would like to see if anything is changing.

I am new to the Flex family, so possibly there is something miss-configured in the other configuration settings.

Thanks!
John

Best Answer

• Mike-VA3MW
    Mike-VA3MW Administrator, FlexRadio Employee, Community Manager, Super Elmer, Moderator admin
    Answer ✓
    Options

I have opened a support ticket for you.

Answers

• rfjohn
    rfjohn Member ✭✭
    Options
    Hi Mike,
    Thanks very much - I didn't mean to both the help desk, but was trying to get community help first. I am a novice at the Flex but have a lot of experience with radio and instrumentation (I design antennas and microwave and mm-wave front ends, occasionally working with SDRs for 5G and other client work). So thanks for the support! 73 John

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.